Spey Pages banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what looks like an older Gaelforce Equalizer head but I can't find anything that matches it for length and weight on the Gaelforce site. It measures 31.5' and weighs 550 grains. It still has the factory loops on each end so it hasn't been cut back from an integrated line.

I thought maybe it was an EMT but if I add the length and weight of either a 10' or 15' tip it still doesn't equal anything on their site.

Anyone have any idea as to what this might be?

Thanks for looking

Frank.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Appears to have a line designation printed on it (towards the front, about 1-2' from the loop), maybe 8/9? If so, at roughly 32' and 550gn, my guess is it's an Equalizer Extended Multi Tip (EEMT). 15' #9 129gn Rio Replacement Tips are what come with the kit. 550 + 129 = 679gn. It's my favorite line on my Walker 13'6" #8.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appears to have a line designation printed on it (towards the front, about 1-2' from the loop), maybe 8/9? If so, at roughly 32' and 550gn, my guess is it's an Equalizer Extended Multi Tip (EEMT). 15' #9 129gn Rio Replacement Tips are what come with the kit. 550 + 129 = 679gn. It's my favorite line on my Walker 13'6" #8.

This is where I'm finding the confusion. I actually have a 9/10 EMT that measures ~53.5' and weighs 710 grains with a 15' #9 129gr RRT (38.5' and 581gr without tip). The Gaelforce spec for the 9/10 EMT is 40' and 617 grains (incl tip) but the aforementioned EMT that I have is over a full tip length longer and approx 93gr heavier. I thought it might be a lineweight or two larger but none of the EMT heads on the Gaelforce site reflect these specs!

So, when we get to the mystery line - as you say above - according to the Gaelforce specs it would equate to a #8/9 EEMT at ~47' and weigh 679 grains with a 15' #9 RRT - which it does - which makes me believe that that is what it is.

So, now the question is: why is the 9/10 EMT that I have 15' longer and 93gr heavier than the Gaelforce specs? Did Gaelforce actually erroneously list the specs for this line without the tip but say "incl tip" as an oversight? Is it possible that the EMT that I have is actually more of a mystery than the mystery line?

Very confusing 😜.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The other mystery line you mention sounds like a green Nextcast WA55 9/10 + 10gn because you swapped out the NC tip (15' 120gn/T8) for a RRT 15' #9 (129gn). That is my best guess for what's going on here. 😂

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other mystery line you mention sounds like a green Nextcast WA55 9/10 + 10gn because you swapped out the NC tip (15' 120gn/T8) for a RRT 15' #9 (129gn). That is my best guess for what's going on here. 😂
Thanks, I’ll reach out to James. As for the other line, I have many NC lines but this is definitely a Gaelforce line by the color and factory loops. Hopefully James will have an answer. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

·
Administrator
20,447 Posts
My plan exactly! Going to do that on Sunday. I’ve already cast the #9 ESH on my 7/8/9 Solstice and the #10 ESH on the 9/10/11 Solstice and they are amazing! Can’t wait to try the EEMT on the 7/8/9 😜
I'm sure you will be very pleased Frank :)
Next, if I may, you need to get yourself a 15M Extended Spey Head for each of those CND rods of yours.

Mike

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure you will be very pleased Frank :)
Next, if I may, you need to get yourself a 15M Extended Spey Head for each of those CND rods of yours.

Mike
Actually, I already have the 15M #9 EES (per your previous recommendation for the Sharpes 13') so I'll try it on Sunday as well.
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually forgot I had that line 😜

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Frank,

It is always a nice problem when you have a plethora of lines. What is worse, when you can not identify what line is on what reel. That is why I attach a label under the foot of the reel. The label has the line identification with the ACTUAL weight in grains.

I hope this helps.

Doug

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Frank,

It is always a nice problem when you have a plethora of lines. What is worse, when you can not identify what line is on what reel. That is why I attach a label under the foot of the reel. The label has the line identification with the ACTUAL weight in grains.

I hope this helps.

Doug
That’s a great idea. Thanks Doug!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts