Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do not think any one wants to sit here and try to tell me how to do all the cast out there. is there any dvd's out there that will cover a lot of casts like: single spey, double spey, snake roll, snap t circle cast , under hand and over head if there is maybe you can help me pick out the best video for me

thanks and tight lines and screaming drags btrout1013.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would second Derek Brown's vid. As a newbie spey caster the fundamentals he covers has greatly accelerated the learning curve:)

Will

·
Registered
212 Posts
DVDs

I agree, Derek Brown's tape(is this in DVD form too?) is the best demonstration I think of the basic casts. I also like the Hazel DVD as a good demonstration of a few more casts than does Derek present. The new DVD from the S.F. Golden Gate Flyfishing Club gives one a wonderful look at a lot of of different style casts done by some of the world's best casters.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Don't leave out RIO's I"nternational Spey Casting" (available in VHS tape and DVD formats) with demos and instruction by world class spey intructor Simon G. Simon's explanation of what to do on each portion of the various spey casts in the clearest I've ever seen on tape, and his demo casts are equally good. Personally, I think Simon's instruction is better than Derek Brown and the Hazels. Don't misunderstand, Derek Brown and the Hazels are good tapes, I just think Simon's explanations are clearer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts