Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new in this forum, so hi to everybody.

I need advice on flyline choice for my new T&T DH 1309-3. I normaly use the rod for see trout fishing using big tube fly`s. Now I use a Scierra HMS 8-9 sinktip line, but I think it is a little to short, I have to take in and shoot line all the time.

Hope to here from you.

Torben

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,392 Posts
Torben,

I prefer the Airflo Long Delta 6/7 on this rod. The 6/7 Midspey is also a nice match.

sinktip

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sinktip

Thanks for your reply, the line I use today is a #8-9 and I guess it is a little to light, do you really think that a #6-7 will do ??

Kind regards Ibsen:confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Line for T&T

Ibsen--

Are you sure you don't mean the 1307-3 rather than 1309? I wasn't aware that T&T made a 9wt 13 footer, but I could be wrong.

If it's the 1307-3 that you have, you will absolutely love this rod. I've got one as well and it's my new "all around" rod. It's quite fast, so it takes some getting used to if you're used to slower-action rods. But once you find the "sweet spot" it's a fantastic casting tool.

The line I have matched to the rod is the Rio Midspey 6/7. I had the same question about line when I purchased my rod and the helpful chaps in this forum pointed me in the right direction--the MS 6/7 was an excellent choice.

Enjoy the rod!

BFR

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I used to have the DH 1309

I liked the way it fished with a DT spey 9
and it also fished well with both the 7-8-9 and the 8-9-10 windcutters.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
BFR,

T&T indeed makes both a 1307-3 and a 1309-3. The 1309 works very well with a MidSpey 7/8 if you like the fast-action the rod has, and if you like a slower action, use the 8/9.

The 1307 and 1309 are very different rods. The 1309 is a bit slower than the 1307.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My Bad

Flytyer--

Thanks for the enlightenment. I'll have to give the 1309-3 a try, now that I know that it exists!

BFR

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,392 Posts
My sincere apologies. That is what I get firing off a quick post at 4:00 AM before hitting the river in search of the mostly elusive steelhead and the always elusive Juro.

I misread, the line suggestions I gave you were for the 1307-3. I have no experience with the 1309.

My bad :)

Sinktip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts