Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think I'm gonna do my first pike fishing next weekend and am getting ready to tie up some flies. This one caught my attention but there's no pattern for it. I think I can figure out or wing it for the rear and body but I'm wondering what the red material used for the head might be?

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Likely to be craft fur muxed with flash and spun in dubbing loop. I like to spin arctic fox and finish eith Senyo's lazer dub heads of my pike flies.

Pike flies are absolute blast to tie just because they will hit anything... Dont be shy with flash. Try yellow/red combo to me its been my go to killer. Pike on fly is an awesome thing!

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Senyo's Predator Wrap. Its great stuff, I use it in most of my trout streamers. It should be pretty easy to find. The red collar is UV Polar Chenille. Looks like there might be some Buck Tail in there as well. Good luck, sounds fun when we going.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Senyo's Predator Wrap. Its great stuff, I use it in most of my trout streamers. It should be pretty easy to find. The red collar is UV Polar Chenille. Looks like there might be some Buck Tail in there as well. Good luck, sounds fun when we going.
X2 I was typing out the same thing before I saw Marty already covered it... Also if you get the polar chenille make sure you get the UV stuff!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm seeing:

UV Predator wrap
white Fish hair or ultra hair
UV orange polar chenille
Grizzly Hackle
Pearl polar flash
tan span flex barred with a sharpie
Maybe some orange bucktail for a collar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts