Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a bright orange line in an 8/9 or 9/10 in a short or mid belly, as long as it's bright orange.

If you have one you'd like to sell, let me know.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
...But the patient may die on the operating table

I have an unused S. A. 10/11 XLT long belly (head listed as 105 feet), a complete 140 foot line. You could perform a drastic circumcision on it, perhaps half or more of the head, at your risk. You'd end up with a short head line that would be useable on some rod, anyway. $40 delivered.

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for a bright orange line to use on the 13' DTX 8 wt. for those cloudy days when white or tan doesn't show up well on video.

I have an 88' long belly 10 wt. that's the right colour, but I ddn't think it would work on the little 8 wt. Just took it out in the yard and the rod handled 70' of it just fine. Unrealistic to think it would handle the entire head out, but it certainly manages enough. Might have found a line in my own stock. Just wished it was a bit brighter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know that the Kiwis are known for dyeing their fly lines more subdued colours with Rit dyes. Bright colours might be a bit more difficult to achieve, but it might be worth a try.

Cheers
Tom

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that the Kiwis are known for dyeing their fly lines more subdued colours with Rit dyes. Bright colours might be a bit more difficult to achieve, but it might be worth a try.

Cheers
Tom
Hadn't thought of that. Never tried to dye a line.

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an unused S. A. 10/11 XLT long belly (head listed as 105 feet), a complete 140 foot line. You could perform a drastic circumcision on it, perhaps half or more of the head, at your risk. You'd end up with a short head line that would be useable on some rod, anyway. $40 delivered.
An old 10/11 XLT eh? That must be as thick as a rope at the back end. ;)
Just finished testing a chopped up comp line that looks like it may do the job. So I won't need to chop up your XLT.

Still would like a short head or mid-belly though. The chopped comp line isn't ideal.

·
Salar Fad Beatha
243 Posts
Vision Vibe 85 9/10 short head full line sound like what you'd need? Kind of a school bus orange-yellow. Lawn cast only. 323 gr head. Let me know, off to work, back in the AM.

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vision Vibe 85 9/10 short head full line sound like what you'd need? Kind of a school bus orange-yellow. Lawn cast only. 323 gr head. Let me know, off to work, back in the AM.
Unfortunately at 323, it would be way too light. That must be a single hand line.

·
Registered
514 Posts
try Sparton tackle

Hi ,try Steve Parton @ Sparton TACKLE he sells BRIGHT orange trout lines, you may be able to adapt one , he may even have them in spey lines or he will know where to get one.
There is one guy who makes custom fly lines on Spey Pages, name has gone but look at past threads he may be the man .

Hope this helps

Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts