Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this shouldn't be done byself according to the manufacturer. Anyway, has anyone done or tried this? If you don't want to reply here in the open, please send me a pm.

I've got a habit of disassemblying every new reel I get and thus making sure I can service it in the woods too if I need to (by knowing how to do it and taking the stuff I need with me).

Cheers,
Sakari

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
On the Nautilus

you do not want to attempt this. Send it to Nautilus. They replace the whole drag mechanism (there is one for RHW and another for LHW). The conversion is quick, should take less than a week, at least mine did. If it is an older reel, you can convert to the new CCF drag at the same time.

Taking the drag apart will void the warranty.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Thanks.

Although I'm a bit worried about a reel that can't be overhauled truly by a common angler.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The way I see it

it is like the sealed bearings used on bicycles or some spots on newer cars. If it is going to last for your lifetime without replacement, then you don't need to worry about being able to take it apart. Sure I can take my bike apart and clean and relube the bearings, but it is sure nice not to have to do that every year.

·
Registered
439 Posts
To change the retrieve from right to left hand you need to remove the sealed drag unit. The drag unit is set from the factory to either left hand or right hand.
The rep gave us a clinic on how to do this and the special tools needed.

Leroy.................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts