Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone owns or has an opinion on the Nautilus spey reels...any model??? I'm looking at the 8/9 Skagit spey. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought a no. 12 in November. Love it. Balances out my 14' 9 T&T just fine.

I have 200 yards of 30lb on it and the plan is to get my long belly lines on it.

Check your pm's.

-Chris

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
I have 4 of them. Good workhorse reels and only some minor issues with the handle screw getting sticky on me but I never clean my reels so probably my fault. For an 8 or 9 weight skagit line you will have to get the 12 at least and maybe the 12t just to be safe. The skagit lines tend to take up as much room as long belly lines. The 10 is too small and light for anything but the smaller spey rods.

I am able to fit any long belly on my 12s with ample room for backing.

-sean

·
Registered
212 Posts
Meiser 106/150-250 gr window switch rod

Bought my first Nautilus to fit this rod--the 7+(5.0oz/3.75"dia.). With 100 yds Cortland #30 Micronite the 7+ spool will accomodate an AirFlo 40+ WF9F(head + running line) or a WC 9/10/(11) head, 7.5' sink tip, with running line(Skagit combo). With the heads of the above lines out the rod tip, the reel weighs 6 oz. and balances the rod 1.25" below the top of the upper cork. This is the lightest(largest) large arbor reel I could find for this lightest of trout spey rods(5.25oz).

·
Registered
869 Posts
absolutly love mine. it seems about as bulletproof as any reel i have ever used or seen. the 12 weighs around 10oz and the 12t is over 12oz. you can get around 200 yrds of 30lb with about any line for a 9 wt down on the 12.

G

·
I own a Nautilus 12 and it is the nicest reel I have ever owned. The drag is very smooth. The reeel seems very durable as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts