Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for you Nautilus guys..

i have an NV Spey 450-750. recently noticed that when drag is pinched down(regardless of how much) and line is pulled from reel, there is a strange low frequency hum that reverberates through the hardware and rod cork.

this was experienced in 20F temps with a good amount of ice on all my equipment however i fish often in these conditions and this is a first so am a bit worried. search turned up nothing

thanks guys

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've had my NV for a few years, and have not heard any noise from the reel. Although, I have not fish in the same cold conditions.

I'd give Nautilus a call. The few times I've called, they've been helpful.

briansII

·
Registered
371 Posts
question for you Nautilus guys..

i have an NV Spey 450-750. recently noticed that when drag is pinched down(regardless of how much) and line is pulled from reel, there is a strange low frequency hum that reverberates through the hardware and rod cork.

this was experienced in 20F temps with a good amount of ice on all my equipment however i fish often in these conditions and this is a first so am a bit worried. search turned up nothing

thanks guys
Ice will do that. Dry out your reel after fishing, and try not to dunk it on cold mornings like that. Any ice on a rotating surface is going to make contact noise with non-moving surfaces.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not an NV, but I have sent back three CCF reels for the same problem. I don't know what they did to the reels, but 2 of the 3 still made the same noise/vibration (when pulling out line) after I got them back. I sold the reels shortly thereafter. Most of my buddies' Nautilus reels make the noise as well. Doesn't seem to bother them as much and it doesn't seem to affect the performance of the reels. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but that was my experience with Nautilus reels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts