Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
On the Columbia River,B.C
Single hand rod 63 years, Spey 12 years Fly tying 63 years
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with some Mystic rods on the week end. They felt pretty good. 9ft 3 in. #6 single hand, 11ft 3in. switch and a 12ft 3in. spey. They felt light and fairly fast but as I was casting them on the grass I couldn't get a proper feel of them. Anyone using some of these rods yet?. They are made in the states.
Bjay

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I was playing with some Mystic rods on the week end. They felt pretty good. 9ft 3 in. #6 single hand, 11ft 3in. switch and a 12ft 3in. spey. They felt light and fairly fast but as I was casting them on the grass I couldn't get a proper feel of them. Anyone using some of these rods yet?. They are made in the states.
Bjay
You will hear lots more about the Mystic M series of rods...I have been using them for about 3 years now and have to say they are very special and deserve all the cudos they get..yes made in the States..Michigan...if you are looking for a very sweet fast and light in hand Two Handed fly rod then the 12'3" Mystic Spey is the game. And the reel seat is not only down locking but is designed to accept many of the old reel feet..so they have put lots of thought into these rods. Put a 500 grain Vector on this rod and see a perfect match..also the Beulah Elixir 475 or Tonic 525...also have had the delight to use some Vision Ace Scandi heads ,30 gram or 460 grain on this rod as well
awesome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts