Spey Pages banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 18-24 months have been a unforgettable journey through the fascinating Spey world as I ushered CND's products into the North American Spey scene. I am eternally grateful for this opportunity and am proud of it's overnight success.

The promotion of world-class products is more fun than work when the products are this good, and I also got to partake in shows and claves with Kush, Tak, and the grandmaster himself - Mr.Nodera. The Spey Underground.

I was able to realize a long-sought pursuit in the Atlantis series, very exciting indeed when the Atlantis became the largest selling model in 2004. I got to name the 'Solstice' series (greasedliner was taken). The scrapbook is chock full of fond memories; some of the best of my life.

However as a 'one-man show' doing financial, distribution, warehousing, sales, warranty, promotion, window-washing, etc - my ability to keep up with the growth of the brand was soon surpassed and I was unable to do justice to the brand without organizational and financial changes beyond my abilities.

Thus I am moving on to focus solely on my Spey instruction and casting skills going forward. This is about all I can handle given my family priorities (2 kids in college next year).

In any case while attending the Denver Trade Show (as a Flyfishing Forum reporter) over the last few days it became very clear that I need to clarify publicly that I will no longer be directly involved with the CND business so I hope there will be no further confusion on this, especially if seen casting CND rods during classes, claves, shows, etc. Business is business, but my passion for Spey casting and the nuances of these magnificent rods will always remain.

My utmost appreciation to all who have supported me during this time, and my apologies to those whom I might have inconvenienced while between the proverbial "rock and the hard place".

As we turn the page in this great story, I am confident that the very best chapters lie ahead for the CND business. It was my honor to have participated, a very heartfelt thank you to all as I resign myself to focus on the pursuit of my personal best in teaching and casting.

best regards,
Juro Mukai

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Man... It seems like almost yesterday I was reading a story about your barely teenage son breaking the tip of a sage 1510 on that old listserve you hung out on before starting worldwide... And now college! Time flies. Welcome back to the civilian world.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Best of luck. My wife and I remember these fun packed years, "This is about all I can handle given my family priorities (2 kids in college next year)."

·
Registered
31 Posts
Next step forward

Juro

It only took the "Spey Clave" on the Salmon River (NY) for me to draw these conclusions:
A You are one hell of a spey caster

B: You are an even better instructor

C: You are a gentleman, welcome in my house anytime

The excitement of helping develop CND in the "Spey World" and your efforts gaining a foothold in No America are memories you will never forget. Now is the time to take the next step forward and enjoy your life, family, friends and other pursuits. Hope to catch up with you for another days lesson on the "Cape" Pete ("Mark") Readel

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
wow!

certainly your heart tugs on you,life has it's twists and turns,and decisions must be made along the way,best wishes and fantastic success in your new focus :)

·
JD
3,612 Posts
Best wishes

for both you and CND. Speaking of which, who will be representing CND now? Will there be regional reps? Or still only one rep for all of North America? In other words,,,,where and to whom do I send my application? ;)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Juro,

Best wishes! I'm glad I got to meet you this year - - almost as glad as I am for having been introduced to CND rods. Thanks for all your work in helping develop the U.S. market. Maybe I mentioned, prior to trying my CNDs, I only got passionate about cane rods, never plastic ones before.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good luck Juro and best wishes. I hope you have (& take) opportunities to return to the NW. Would love to see you on the river again. Still say you threw the nicest line on the Sky at last years Spey Days. And you're no blind pig!

·
Registered
131 Posts
My thanks and best wishes to the CND team

Juro
Best wishes, it's always a pleasure watching you swing the big stick. Look forward to meeting up with you in the future.
Rick Whorwood

·
Registered
170 Posts
best wishes

Juro

While I don't own a CND- I have been an active observor of Speypages goings-on. What strikes me about the Spey community - as represented here- is the remarkable dedication/focus/willingness to aid/and outright generosity of the folks that participate. There are a few folks who exemplify that- and YOU! are without doubt one of the key figures:). We hav,nt touched bases much- but rest assured I watch for your posts and appreciate the centered/based on experience opinions you offer- good luck with the next adventure:)

Will

·
Banned
974 Posts
Juro,

Best wishes for your future. Make sure you get shades because the future is so bright ......

I appreciate your replies to my emails inquiring about CND rods. Partly because of the information in your replies, I am a CND owner with another on order.

Best Wishes,
David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.