Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My eyes were way bigger than my head and pocketbook. I recently bit the bullet and bought my 4th and 5th Bruce and Walker rods from Gene Oswald. They are things of beauty and real bespoke fishing tools. simply the best.

The problem is that I sort of spent a bit more than the "boss" will allow and one of them has to go. Sadly, the sweet little Powerlite 12' 4" 8/9 is the one on the chopping block because I have to keep the long rods!!!

This rod is money in the bank. Casts like a goddamn rifle with a 45 foot FF or WA 8/9. Skagit lines are ridiculous. Gene can and will vouch for this stick!

This rod has been fished for 9 hours. As new, perhaps one or two smudges.

Will sell at a loss for $1000. New was over $1300. Rod is gorgeous. pics coming...attaching one here so you see the color scheme (the pic is my other rod, but colors are the same). Paypal or Seattle area pickup, 3 days inspection, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this back to the top. Had someone back out. Reasonable cash offers please, no trades.

This is a beauty. Gene will vouch for it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
B&w 12' 4"

I have several B&W's and the Powerlite 12' 4" 8/9 is one of my favorite rods and is especially great on smaller rivers, although, I've used it to catch steelhead on the Clearwater as well. This is truly a great spey rod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts