Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
: I noticed below a ? about this rod, & as how I have fished this stick ALOT since I acquired one back in the winter, I feel compelled to throw in my 2 cents....... IT IS AWESOME----once you get the timing down that is. I fish UK style--& I have fished with slower traditional rods only before this one. Sage 9140--old one, st. croix 1409 ,cabela's 1409 & a lami. Oh & a DR. who is the BEST speycaster I have ever seen ( who has moved out of the midwest) loaned me his 1510 ARC for a few stints on the water. I started with a XLT 7/8 on the sas--trimmed 24 ft. off the tip before it suit my style. Put a mastery spey 8/9 on it with 4 ft off the tip.:smokin: Great with up to 12 ft of LLC 13, also powers into the wind with this line, Even though I can't get a tight loop with the mastery. Don't know why either. But I am really IMPRESSED with a XLT 8/9 with 12 ft off the tip:D :D , wish it had at least 15 ft more belly on it. I know I could punch 100 fters with my eyes closed if the line did--- with out shooting that is. I cast dbl spey & snap-T for casts over 50 ft. Of course it would probably help if I was a lil taller than 5-5! Am seriously thinking about a sas 1409 , I'm sure its a work horse, tad more forgiving than the 1308 I am told. The 1308 is a GREAT stick imho but timing seems critical. If YA want proof about the timing, go to TSS-- MI reports check out my followup on bombcasts post back in May. A J hooks are REALLY SHARP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whoa: I'm hooked on SAS for sure! Actually more ways than one..........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts