Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my brand new Olson reel. It's a 3 1/2 all black lhw with white handle. I haven't seen any pics of this colour combo yet so thought I'd share.

The reel is awesome, exceeded my expectations. 3 1/2 looks to be an ideal size for switch rods and lighter Speys. For me, 7115-4 and 6128-4

The third pic is the Olson between a Noel M200TT, which is 3 1/4 and a Saracione Mark V 3 1/2. Just for size, the Noel's run big. If anyone is curious as to size i have other reels to show comparisons. Its about the same 3 1/2 as a Saracione.

The 4th pic is with a 4 1/4 RP and the 5th pic has 2 Noel 500's in the back and a 150 trout reel to the right.

Well worth the wait! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Beatiful Gus!
Curiously I had been thinking of exactly this reel (sans white handle) as I use a Noel SA200TT for a bamboo 11'3 #6 and it's a tad tight. I have an RP which has been on the wait list for quite a few years and perhaps I could swap if work hasn't started yet.
Cheers,
Steve

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
Beautiful reel :smokin::smokin:
I have an all black 4" G&P, but with a black handle.
The last two Olson reels I had William commission had white handles, however they were done Black & Silver.
I think the all black with white handle is gorgeous !! Well done :)
You have a fine reel collection there :whoa:

Mike

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,426 Posts
Lovely collection. I like the all black 3 1/2 quite a bit. I have a silver and black version on order (25 months in). I may end up changing it to a 3 3/4 before I’m done as I have a Bo Mohlin that will fit the niche I ordered it for. Have had an all silver and two silver/black models by William. His reels are certainly special.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love that all Silver!!! I have that one coming in a 4in. and a 3 3/4 RP in black and silver. I had bought the 4 1/4 RP lightly used to hold me over. Been on the list for all three for 3+ years. Lol, well worth the wait. I humbly think that the Olson’s, for a G&P reel, are perfection. I already have/had drag reels from Saracione and Noel and others. I’ll prolly never get to an Olson drag. After these three are done and the 4 1/4 is re-badged I’ll be off the list! I went with the white handles on all of them because my Sara’s and my Aluminum Noel’s all have back handles. Little Variety. Cheers

·
Registered
520 Posts
Awesome reels.....I am expecting two (3 3/4" and 4") black and silver Olsons any day now. I am very excited about that, I put in the order back in Jan 2016.

I have a question for those that already have these reels.....what do you use for a reel cover? I have seen the leather pouch on several pictures, but it doesn't seem it would protect the reel against accidental drops etc.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Awesome reels.....I am expecting two (3 3/4" and 4") black and silver Olsons any day now. I am very excited about that, I put in the order back in Jan 2016.

I have a question for those that already have these reels.....what do you use for a reel cover? I have seen the leather pouch on several pictures, but it doesn't seem it would protect the reel against accidental drops etc.
Don't get too excited, mine was in Jan 2015! :chuckle:
For protection, I have cases made to order by Arne Mason. For fishing days I also have neoprene cases which wrap around the handle, and return them to their homes after they're back in the house, cleaned and dried.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For reel protection, on fishing days, I use neoprene pouches. Saracione sells great ones on his website, 4 differnet sizes. On trips when they get stacked in a boat or tossed around you need neoprene. Not everyone is a sensitive with the "fancy" gear. When someone says, " I grabbed your rod for ya..." I always panic a little. I only cry on the inside. William does really nice long handles so a larger case is always better. The neoprene cases the Hardy's Bougle come with are great too. I recently bought a Taupo spare spool and it came with an awesome black pouch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts