Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I began my two handed game I started with scandi. After a few years the ease of skagit compelled me with great results. Now I've come miles from heavy weighted flies back to scandi light flies and I'm loving it

Given the aggressive nature of the fish here and to my surprise that they are indeed somewhat partial to color light and mood, I'm going this route

The shanks are heavy so that will help in high water or the deep channels and pockets. Considering the large span of other species present who knows what may or may not happen but I'm excited

Dr Bobs equally stubborn insistence on tying his own unweighted flies is on par with JonTs maniacal surface skating which I'm embracing

These combined with Matts flies I feel well equipped. After this I'm moving toward single traditional flies and skating thx to you rotten suns of itches ;)

Courtesy of Gary Barnes, PG Quality Flies, and Kevin Branch

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Those are not very good pics

A little perspective

Of course there's always back up!

Candy

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one double J. Do your own thing. I like the scandi too!
Thx SCD :)

The development of short scandis that can carry light tips have influenced both my fly selection, water selection to some degree, and yielded much more fun with the cast. In addition, very rare hangups. I still carry the skagit but only for when the wind really kicks. The compact scandis now are pretty worthy performance wise against even strong gusts

We will see how I make out - we must have gotten 3-5 inches of rain last night so a day or two should be productive

Reactions: shotgunner

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sort of

From the eye down the fly to the tube out the back

Matt and Mike helped me with it. His flies are in my daily carry too and are reliable producers

Reactions: bocast

·
AJS Reels
421 Posts
Nice Backups 2 Please in Tan

Nice post and direction your heading in, like your tubes:smokin: I too have found tubes productive this past winter but on Skagit heads, have swum the surface lately as well :wink2:

Reactions: J.James
1 - 10 of 10 Posts