Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has a Trojan, says my Kapersky security software.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Got hit with the same message

Scary times

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Hello,

Is there a specific page you are viewing when the warning appears? Also, could you please take a screenshot of the warning and post it here?

Thank you.

~KM, community support

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried that...

Took a screen shot, saved as a .zip file, but I can't send it to you as an e-mail or post it here...don't know how.
When I click to open Spey Pages/Speyclave, Kapersky chimes in and when I open the details on the Kapersky report, this is what I see;

downloading an object which contains a Trojan

Object: http://ads.vericalscope.com/www/del...on. are you sending me an infected "cookie"?

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Took a screen shot, saved as a .zip file, but I can't send it to you as an e-mail or post it here...don't know how.
When I click to open Spey Pages/Speyclave, Kapersky chimes in and when I open the details on the Kapersky report, this is what I see;

downloading an object which contains a Trojan

Object: http://ads.vericalscope.com/www/del... flag things as viral. KN Community Support

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will give that a try. And "blaming" Kapersky won't fly. Clearly the software is responding to something YOU are sending out.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too...

Some advertisers I am seeing are not advertising on this site. I am not computer savvy but think some of your advertising is sent by location of my IP adress.

I get mesages that tell me my computer is running a progrmn that is slowing my computer down.

I get this on other sites your company controls.
I am getting a similar Kapersky alert from flyfishbc.com, also owned by Vertical Scope. And no alerts from any other sites...none at all.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
I am getting a similar Kapersky alert from flyfishbc.com, also owned by Vertical Scope. And no alerts from any other sites...none at all.
Is this a page-tracking or content-tracking trojan, so that "interested" advertisers can target YOU specifically with adverts containing content/topics the likes of which which you have already been viewing, and are therefore more likely to click on and buy??

PS. I have made a guiding principle of my own internet browsing to NEVER click on ANY advert or pop-up which appears on ANY page that I am viewing, because I thereafter feel I have not been coerced by such advertising - if I wish to look at and/or buy something, I will research, then search myself for it, rather than be "guided" by slicker-than-snot adverts.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have set up a browser that screens out the ads that used to plague us on Spey Pages. This series of Kapersky alerts started three days ago. I am no tech wizard by any means, but the relative exclusivity of the target sites...both owned by Vertical Scope... indicates to me that I have been targeted as a member of the two forums, not because I have been selected by my ad choices (which are zero, by the way).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Kaspersky

Now I am also getting the pop up warning from Kaspersky. These all appear to be adds. To direct us to buy something. Kaspersky set to block adds is doing just that from what I can see. The pop up from Kaspersky comes and goes so fast I don't get a chance to really view it. By going to Kaspersky and viewing blocked adds I can see what is happening.

Skilly

·
Administrator
800 Posts
We noticed one of our scripts used to run ads on the forum was blacklisted with a false positive causing user's anti viruses to alert them that there is something malicious on the site. There is nothing malicious on the site so you have nothing to worry about. We have fixed the issue with the incorrect script so you should not get any alerts from your anti virus moving forward.

if you're still getting an alert from your anti virus please post the URL your anti virus alerted you to here.

Cheers,

~ dm, community support

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers back!

Thank you for attending to the problem. Cheers, Buff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts