Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I must comment as to the great solution I have gotten to one of my nightmares. I am a big guy and I am very difficult to fit with good waders...# 14EEE shoes (permanently injured left foot and ankle prevent me from getting into stockinfoot waders) and 6' 3" tall at 307lbs as to my shame I love to eat. That said, through these many wading years I have been forced to get "custom made waders" on 2 different occasions. I have had a good pair of brand XXXX guide model breathables for these past 3 years. They are now shot. I started looking, talking, and checking web sites this past late winter to find some good breathables to possibly allow me to not have to spend the $500/$600 plus for custom waders. I was about ready to make a post here asking for help, when I decided one last time to check out a Sponsor of this great Web Site- Fly Fish USA in Welches, OR. I touched base with John at Fly Fish USA. Wow, what a great experience for me. I had previously contacted 3 different suppliers of this excellent Brand of Waders. Was told by all three, "sorry, there's no hope for you here." Well, John dug deeper and extended himself to even contact the Manufacturer and indeed found that the very wide # 14 felt soled bootfoot breathables are available. The Manufacturer in MT sent me a pair of the unattached boots to try on for size through John's efforts to help me. Well, I have a pair on order from FFUSA. I must say that in this day and age of so much greed in our business world it is truly a delight to have found a Company and a man representing that Company that I can deal with. Lord, willing I will do much more business with these folks. I just feel compelled to tell all of you about my experience. I am very grateful for John and FFUSA. Tight lines to all, Stiver

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey Speyflyman...

Nice report! It sounds like you got GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Your report is the very best advertising in the world. I think Mark Bachmann's shop is a great place to do business. Enjoy your new waders. Take care, MJC

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sponsors

are a great bunch on this board. I have had great service from Mark (Welches), Mike (RedShed), and Aaron (River Run), if the rest are as good we are getting premium service - often forgotten in the USA.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more update on waders saga

I really was just playing a hunch that maybe someone who sponsors this Site might be worth my time contacting about waders for me. I had all but given up hope of finding anything. I just clicked the Sponsors link and went down the list and then found FFUSA as they seemed to jump out first. I guess that I did not realize just how many others associated with this Site might also have these available. I'll learn these things as I get more exposure to the Speying. That's just FYI. Best to all, Stiver

·
Registered
273 Posts
Service!

I'm suuure your local Box Store would have dooonnne the same thing for you, right? Service is why I shop at the Pro shops and NOT the big Box Stores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts