Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
swing'n Lemmings
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are the flies we all swapped at the clave. i really enjoyed doing the swap next year I will be alittle more orginized and set a meeting place and we can all swap in person. any ways I am missing 2 flies from the swap i will try to get a pict from on of the other swappers for those 2 flies. Sorry to Terry and Spey machine.

Rambo Rabbit strip Sculpin

Attachments

·
swing'n Lemmings
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neil Articulated leaches

Neil Articulated leaches
wait a just a minute these look like Zoo Cougars that were made in a sri lankan sweat shop. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Again Rambo for setting up the Fly Swap ... Great fun!

I have already tried to tie up some of the Bubba Gump Shrimp in black and some in orange for Atlantic Salmon is summer. I really like the way they look ... I am a little concern if they will get down ... no weighted lines or lead allowed where I am going. I might try it on a double salmon hook in stead of a tube.

And Rambo your Sculpin pattern has me thinking about big Browns along the banks ... Slap! ... strip ... strip .... Slap! ... strip ... strip ....

Is the head of the Sculpin that the Australian Opossum you talked about in a another thread?

I also thought that Articulated Leach looked a little funny ... :)

Stephen

·
swing'n Lemmings
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep those heads are australian opposum it is really easy and fun to tie with looks sweet in the water.

hey if you are worried about getting those bubba gumps down try to tie one on a waddingtons. the 45mm ones I have are pretty heavy. it seems like it would work great. I think Heron gets my vote for best fly of the swap.

That fly should work great for browns too to whould be great around lumber it slithers over sutff that most flies gets hooked up on. I love swinging it for steel around boulders . remember to cut off the front hook.

Rambo

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Rambo Rabbit strip Sculpin[/QUOTE]
YA BABY!!! NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! 4x hook crammed full of hair and feathers with some 6in. flash or holo angelhair qualifies as a kitty in my books . Is a sweet bunny ya got there I have to say:D That has just about as much thump in the current as a flatfish does.. the fierce strikes prove it too!:smokin: Only fresh p!ssed off fish on steroids hit these things! Truelly a fly for the hunter who is not weak of heart..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts