Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Mt. Rainier Flyreel Works Reels for sale. They are all different, please see pictures. I got these from Aaron Reimer, he has asked me to liquidate his shop and I have Rods, Reels, Lines, and materials. I will post as time allows. I have set up a paypal account if you are interested.
Please message me if you see something you like.
I have done the best of my ability to price the items fairly. If you want to make an offer I am fine with that I just want to be fair to Aaron and whoever buys.
Thank you for your consideration
Robert

Attachments

·
surfing sucks dont try it
126 Posts
Can you tell us more about these?

I'm not framiliar with Mt Rainer Flyreel Works reels. Can you tell me more about them, like who made them, for how long, where, etc. I'd also like to hear more about Aaron Reimer and his association with these reels.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Aaron Reimer did a free casting clinic for a couple decades on the Snogualmie river through his shop River Run Anglers In CarnatIon WA. Started thousands of people in the 2handed game. Had one of the first Spay claves in the country, was a genuine nice guy and champion of the sport. Has been dealing with health problems and is moving to a warmer climate. Rainer reels are made in WA, about all ai know of them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mt Rainier Reels

This is not a spam post. I did not put prices on the reels. I have a price list that starts at $900 and goes down from there. Most of these reels have never been used. Aaron was collecting the series. I am thinking somewhere around $450 to $350 Each. They were made in Buckley I believe by a Boeing Machinist. They are a little heavy but built like a 747. Bullet proof. Open for suggestions.
I will post sizes tomorrow but the largest is 4 1/2 and the smallest is 2 3/4

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mont Schroeder is the builder of these reels. He sold the reels using the Mt. Rainier Fly Reel Works name. In the past he had direct drive and anti reverse models. He still builds reels and sells them directly.

·
surfing sucks dont try it
126 Posts
More insights from a 2013 eBay posting

Here is a little more G2 that I've found on the internet. A Google search turned up an auction from September of 2012 for a Mt Rainer Flyreel Works reel. Here is the descriptive text (the reel sold for $575):

3.5" dia. Titanium by Mt. Rainer Flyreel

'I am the only person associated with Mt. Rainier Fly Reel Works. I am a maker of innovative, handcrafted anti-reverse drag fly reels in limited production and custom reels, in the tradition of no one else. Every reel that leaves this shop is custom-made entirely by meand I make fly reels like no one else, whether it be designed for spring creek trout...or giant marlin! The fact that my reels have found there way into the gear bags, trophy cases and collections of many of the world's most esteemed sportsmen speaks volumes about them.

This reel and vendor components are made and assembled in USA. No foreign parts used.
All reels use materials that have anti corrosive properties for saltwater environments.

This titanium reel is offered directly from the bench of Mont Schroeder, owner of Mt. Rainier Fly Reel Works of small scale fly reel production.
This brand new reel is a 3.5" (88 mm) of outside diameter, the1.25" (32 mm) inch spool width will hold a 6,7,8,9 weight line. Reel weight: 14 oz. (408 grams).
The drag is a unique robust cone drag system that is one of the most reliable on the market, from very smooth to strong enough. There are no pads to wear out and change either.

Other Features:
Easy right to left hand retrieve changeover
Ratchet pawl pressure is adjustable from light to hard click
Extra spool and cloth pouch included
Lifetime guarantee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum, but happy owner of a Mt. Ranier reel, 1-4 weight. Love it! Getting another this month.

My buddy has a Pate and says he thinks this has a smoother drag.

What's the latest on these reels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not framiliar with Mt Rainer Flyreel Works reels. Can you tell me more about them, like who made them, for how long, where, etc. I'd also like to hear more about Aaron Reimer and his association with these reels.
I worked with Aaron, 11 years back developing a AR drag spey reel for him. He also taught me spey casting and I made him 10 reels, but he helped launch my brand of MT. Rainier AR spey reels to the world stage! That was good gamble that paid off nicely, but he really pushed me to develop a bogdan style DD reel with all the bells and whistles..............and I did 5 years later for a guy in Japan and they outsell my AR reels! I live in Buckley, WA, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I made these reels for Aaron, 11 years back, but I only made my own design of AR drag big game reels, but Aaron was looking for a better reel than the Abel reel, so he contracted me; Mt Rainier Flyreel (Mont Schroeder) to develop a better reel for his application, but he really wanted me to develop a "Bogdan" style DD drag reel and I reluctantly did. That was a dandy gamble, though, because I've made 140 classic style, DD drag reels with adj. ratchet click and friction drag shoe for additional resistance, plus the reels have kept me sailing nicely. The DD reels outsell my AR line, now...............thanx Aaron.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mont, could you please contact me. My Name is Robert Gerlach, 25three 3seven seven one seven98.
I am the one who posted these reels for sale. I have been working on selling Aaron's inventory. I know nothing about these reels and would like to have you assess them and figure a fair price!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts