Spey Pages banner

Mr. Bush

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Honyuk96 
#1 ·
My weekend learning from Will Bush, master tier and mother teresa combined in one...

I see all the flaws and can tell you that my appreciation of what you guys do is great as the f bombs, laughs, tears and lots of scotch for my canadian brothers...( i was the token mericano and drank Tim's coffee) and the attack of the bird on my fly was amazing....but this is something I don't think i have as much patience for LOL...Holy mother!!

We did a couple fishing flies as well and will do more at the next class...the married wind thing is cool

Thank you Mr. Bush and well done to my other partners in crime...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is an awesome post ! And I know the exact pains. You are lucky to actually be able to sit down w someone who knows what they're doing. I've saved all my earliest attempts, they are great reference learning tools. I'd be proud of what you've accomplished so far. Cool man.

#11 ·
Paul,

Great post and an even better weekend. You're right about Mr. Bush.. kind of like a Jedi.. All he needs is a cloak.

Had a great time, met a bunch of good dudes and learned a ton particularly in the patience department. I had the fortune to experience my first wing accident that day. I don't think I swore or even made a sound but inside I went to a dark, dark place!

Here are a few pics from that weekend. I got all the way to the horns and then disaster struck. Thread slipped. Had to start again from the under wing. Oh well... I did salvage the first wing and managed to tie another fly this week. You can see it on the narrow gape, perhaps too narrow that I rushed through, I'm going to fish.

Lots of respect to the talent and skill on this board. As with most things in life, time is the best teacher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.