Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I got what I thought was a screaming deal on SA System 11 reel (Made by Hardy in the late 70s) from fleabay. Turns out, it was the first version of the reel, with a well worn out plastic ring and pawl drag that had long ago given up the click. I sat on the reel for over a year before reaching out to Bill to see if there was anything he could do. Of course, he had just what this reel needed. After a short couple of weeks, I found a package on my doorstep, and in it, a reel brought back to life with a proper double pawl drag! I've got a rod and line ready for the reel, and I can't wait to hear it sing again this upcoming season. Thank you Bill for saving this reel from a life on a shelf.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Yeah, no point in wondering - he has a lot of spare parts for sure, but can pretty much build one from scratch out of scrap metal if needed! It is on my “to do list” to stop by his shop sometime and have a gander at some of his custom reels.

·
Administrator
2,462 Posts
Heck of a guy and heck of a craftsman. I have a pair of reels with him now. Always top notch service. Glad you were able to get your reel fixed.

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,066 Posts
He's bailed me out on a couple of occasions. Put old Hardys back in reel seats where they belong. Thanks, Bill!!!

·
The Skeena in the fall
373 Posts
I’ve sent Bill two of my (precious to me) Young pattern 10B reels and one Hardy Perfect.
Would trust him with any old reels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts