Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am packing up and headed to Providence, RI on Sept 1st. While I will miss the steelhead I will enjoy the saltwater fishing out there immensely. Plus I got it worked out where I will still be back in the PNW fairly often and will still attend the bigger claves.

Other than Juro who else lives out in that region? Any spey casters out there?

Thinking we should get some mini claves going if there is enough interest or am I moving to the spey abyss :)

-sean

·
Registered
202 Posts
sean said:
Other than Juro who else lives out in that region? Any spey casters out there?
Oooo, Ooooo, me, me. :D

sean said:
Thinking we should get some mini claves going if there is enough interest or am I moving to the spey abyss :)
Yup, Spey abyss.

My local shop actually has a Spey rod and some Rio lines. But I think that is because Juro used to work there part time on the weekends. (I think....)

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
There are more than a few speyheads out here. We had a surprisingly good showing at the NorEaster clave last year, and the eastern Great Lakes guys are getting into it to the north. Andrew at Tightlines is a head-shaven spey disciple, and Topher Browne is holdin' his own up in Maine. Definitely need to keep the eastern spey momentum going and growing when Sean comes out.

Canadian salmon anglers are making the switch (pun intended) too.

In addition, the two-handed saltwater scene is growing steadily and it's fun to be a part of that.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sean,

It's a bit of a trip from RI (4-6 hours), but there are some good opportunities to swing flies for GL steelhead. Sept is the start of the season and it peaks in Nov / Dec. Drop me a PM if you want more info. Be happy to show you some water.

Gillie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.