Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Movember has begun, and in an effort to raise money for cancer research, I, along with many other Mo-Bros, will be growing a mustache for the rest of the month. I will be auctioning off two separate packages. Package 1: Ten hand tied (by myself) Spey and Dee flies. These flies are carefully tied and built to fish. They are tied as close to the original pattern as I could come with the materials I have available. Package 2: A hand tied (again by me), framed Durham Ranger. One of the most recognizable Classic Atlantic Salmon Fly in history. This beautiful fly will be carefully crafted especially for this event. Every $5 donation with the word "Fly" in the subject line gets you one entry into the draw. I'll add photos of the flies at a later date. Thank you for contribution to this worthy cause.

http://mobro.co/10752097

To donate, simply follow the link above, and make your donation to Scott Norris and make sure to enter the word "Fly" into the subject line.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hers a sneak peak at three of the ten flies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is NOT the Durham Ranger that will be framed, but I thought I post a quick look at the last one I tied.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Matt. There will probably be seven Dee flies and three Spey flies when it's all said and done. Give or take ;)

·
Knee Deep
1,249 Posts
Hey Scott,

I love the flies, but as a Cancer survivor, I tip my hat! Good luck with the fundraising, and again, great tying!

Tony

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tony.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another of the ten that will be raffled off. The Gardener.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another added to the list. An Akroyd. The raffle collection builds. One more Dee then I'll switch to some Spey flies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last of the Dee. Now onto the Speys.

Here is the Dunt.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
That's just cool stuff all-around, Scott. Those flies are drop-dead sexy. What a neat way for raising awareness for men's health.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Adrian. I think once these flies are all tied and ready for the raffle I'll do up another half dozen for the Colaborative. Good to know someone Wull get a chance to fish these buggers. Lord knows I barely do ;)

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
I got so excited I forgot to put fly in the subject title (or whatever).

now I'm depressed.

cheers and well done,
shawn

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries Shawn, consider your donation entered into the draw. That was a very generous donation, thank you!

Here is the latest of the Dees. Almost done those ones and soon to be on to the Durham Ranger. The Balmoral. The wing and tail tied long on purpose to add some dangle for the fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
image.jpg Guess I hould show a picture of the Mo.

Day 1 and day 7.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Day 7 (10 words or more)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far there has been $100 in donations, great stuff!

I'm off at the inlaws and brought some stuff with me to tie, and I'm glad I did. Here is my latest Dee, and first attempt at a vertical wing set. The pattern I owe to Phil Glendining and Colin Innes. The photo isn't the best quality, but this is far and away my favorite Dee pattern I have tie yet.

The Lady of the Lake.

Attachments

Reactions: flytie09
1 - 18 of 18 Posts