Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find Mortensens 2 videos. I beleive they are titled "The Perfect Cast" and "Distance and Delicacy". I've seen clips and they look good. I haven't had any luck searching on the web. If anybody knows a retailer out there with them I'd be greatful.

Gillie

·
Registered
229 Posts
Perfect Cast

I have seen both of Henrik Mortensen's DVDs, and they are superb.

His first DVD, "The Perfect Cast," is as concise a presentation of the Underhand casting method and fishing technique as I have seen. Filmed in Iceland, the fishing sequences--particularly those of salmon rising to a riffling hitch--are some of the best on film.

As no U.S.-based Forum Sponsors presently carry either of Henrik's DVDs (that I know of), I believe that I can recommend Western Rivers Flyfisher in Salt Lake City (1-800-545-4312). WRF is a superb "Spey" Shop, and sells "The Perfect Cast."

If you are in Canada, I believe the Forum Sponsor Whistler Flyfishing also sells "The Perfect Cast."

At this time, Henrik's second DVD "Distance & Delicacy" is only available in the PAL format, and will NOT work in most North American DVD players (unless you have a region-free DVD player).

Henrik's first DVD, "The Perfect Cast," is in the NTSC format, which IS compatible with North American DVD players.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have two of his signature rods...does anyone else on this board fish with his rods? I really like them....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts