Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just plonking a couple more up here on ye olde pages in a somewhat better resolution than the ig. Winter sure is a beast in downtown Toronto, but gives ample time for hobbies and going completely crazy.

Dunt var

Skagit Mist's

Akroyd var

Claret Spey type size #3 BH

Purple Spey types

Tried putting LA tail horns on my dee pattern, top one i screwed the wing up a bit but oh well!

Ah a Dallas var, i lost a rib with and have no schlappen for body hackle so made do with the usual.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Stunning! (Who came up with the 10 character rule anyway?!?)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all! Only just got back to blind eye and silk gut dee types. Had a horrendous experience with the Daiichi dee hook last season, got a batch with bad temper heh, lets just say every single one in the packs snapped on fish or testing in a cork.

Switched brands and now so happy with these HE2 dee hooks! I placed one in a cork past the barb and proceeded to cut through the cork, strong! Yay! Now we can fish properly no failures. :hihi:

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
You are killing it! I assume its bep used as hackle on most?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You know how I feel about your work buddy, as tight as can be.

Domantas, knowing jam it's all heron with The exception of the one using the super secret kori hackle :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers! Domantas, actually a few hackles used. The claret spey type uses BEP with one side stripped, then the others use heron of some sort or another except that dee with the funky neck hackles. Jabrowning is correct :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts