Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
those are pretty cool, they look great. four hours though man i would hate to lose one. i think maybe you need a black and purple one to top them off. especially for that high water. most impressive.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Matt,

Just in case you haven't figured it out for yourself: 'Getting it down to 4 hours' is a sign of needing serious help. :saeek: Do I detect a 'touch' of OCD? :chuckle:

Those are some seriously incredible camarones!!! Keep 'em in the water and they will reward your hard work.

William

·
Registered
54 Posts
Matt,

I agree with Black Francis, gotta see a black/purple one. What size hooks are you using? I'm going to try my luck at one. Only 4 hours eh? :Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I'm going to have time myself. I'll bet it's a lot less than four hours because first I tie several hooks, then I lead the tail, then tie all the rabbit stingers, then stingers to shanks, etc. Just picked up more colors to tie. Looks like we wont be fishing until next week anyway. Those are 1/0 hooks. I have 1 and 2's I will try later if I can remember how to tie something that small for this summer. Right now they are running about three inches long and weigh about 3 to 3.5 grams. The average Spey fly on a 1/0 or 2/0 may run a gram. These are for fast running water or deep water thrown on a skagit like line with T-14 tips.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

I've posted tying instructions on another site. I hope this is OK Dana because there were a lot of photos and I know they use a lot of bandwidth and I can post larger files. If not, you can email me if you are interested and I'll send you a link.

washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=22866

1 - 8 of 8 Posts