Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

today my Echo TS Trout spey rod class #2 arrived, a lovely nice rod and I know what I will do latest next weekend!

But this was not my intention for this message, actual I use a guideline TSL 2.0 DC and a Lee Wulff Tracer runningline
that works for me without problems and i think it is agood option for floating or 3D floater heads.
But in some cases I think a monofil running line would have advantages like in cases of sinking heads, or to reduce the
influence of the surface current and wind.

So I know that in the States Steelhead fishing is a big theme, so I think you use alot of monofil running lines and I hope
that you can recommend some good stuff that works also during the colder winter time.

And one big issue is how to fix the line to the shooting head, do you use Loops if you want to change the head immediately
to be flexible due to the water conditions or do you use a knot each time?

Maybe you have a good solution for me in the backhand!?

Regards Jörn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys,

I`m impressed to get so much response and it is a great mix, today I´ve not much time left, but tomorrow I will give you a first feedback.
Great support of you all!
Thanks.

Jörn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello together,

yes it is interesting to read the diffrent point of views and your experiences. So mainly the Big Game has a good reputation, I used it several years ago for coarse fishing,
maybe I had a batch that wasn´t so good, but it was not as good as others for that, maybe I should give it a second chance.
I ordered the Guideline Compline II, i think it is produced in Japan and a new product from Stroft here in Ger., I liked their lines for spin-fishing, there was nearly no memory
and it has a very good surface resistance and works foe seatrout fishing during winter time..
I searched about recommondations of the new Stroft, but I only got a feedback from my Tackel Dealer, that they tested it in Norway for Salmon and that they were
really satisfied.
My Focus is not even on the lowest price level, the line should fullfill my requirements and sometimes it is cheaper to buy something good once.
But that is only my opinion, I will check this both options and than we will see.

Regards Jörn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts