Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of texture is this line supposed to have. Smooth like the airflo ridge or like a sharkskin. I have 3 different spools and they are all different.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
What type of texture is this line supposed to have. Smooth like the airflo ridge or like a sharkskin. I have 3 different spools and they are all different.
mine was slick...I liked it but not sure where the hell it went? I know it's not good in the warm water so that's kind of a bust for me...

Back to miracle braid for the most part..though on the big stick I'm using that OPST 50lb and it's decent for mono...just not a mono fan..

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,406 Posts
Mine was slick and I loved it. Then I fished the Skeena one August with temps in the mid-90s and it was never the same.

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Slick. I'm not a huge fan. I went around with the mono thing and finally landed on the new Rio Grip Shooter. Excellent running line. Best on the market in my opinion. I've tried just about everything available.

·
Scandit sublima virtus
2,254 Posts
I have I think 4 Monic shooting lines in .024 and .030, they're all slick enough to suit me and are OK in PNW summertime, unless left in a hot car for hours. Then they seem to get a bit sticky.
They do give a rougher feeling when dirty though. Shoot like the dickens when new and clean.

have you tried flipping them end for end on the reel?

·
JD
3,609 Posts
I'm a big fan

I have all three sizes, .024(orange) .030(yellow) & .038 dia. (lime) all of mine are slick, supple & 72lb test. THey will all eventually fade to white after a season or two exposure to UV. Anyone wanting to sell or trade any .024dia Monic running line, drop me a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts