Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some fun with fast action rods I am planning on fishing 2 of my favourite rods in the upcoming season. Z-axis 6126 and 7136. My lines are 10 years old from airflo compact scandi to Rio skagit flight (old I know) Both Scandi and skagit recommendations welcome. Interested in airflo fist but I’m hearing good things on gaelforce. I don’t mind buying a couple lines for each. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone’s reply’s. I understand the conversation already happened if I dig through old posts but I’m sure there are plenty who really appreciate and continue to fish the mighty Z that don’t mind sharing their setups. Cheers.

·
Spey Is The Way
1,109 Posts
Email Gaelforce and James will tell what will work on your rods.

Leo

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use the #7 with some Rio Scandi + 3 m versileader (usually intermediate). Recommended line weight must be in the 400-435gr / 26.5-29g and as the versileader weights 75gr / 5g, I've fit the reel 360gr Scandi floating head. Length of shooting head is 9.50m, hence total is 12.50.
It works pretty well for summer conditions but I prefer the One which is a bit more powerful, especially when it starts to be windy.

R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts