Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully ironed out a few previously perpetrated wrinkles with this tie, although omitted the JC and crest over the wing; happier (not 100%) with the floss, even though partially obscured by the purple veilings.

Hope you like ;)

Mike

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
This one looks much better to my eyes. love the purple choice for veilings here!!! tag and tip looks much cleaner and the tail is in proportion.

Big improvement!

One thing i notice is maybe a bit more fibres for the wing, and if so, go a bit darker with the added fibres. I don't think this is necessary for fishing, more for aesthetics.

Love this one though, good work improving on certain details

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mike, this is an awesome bug and tie...would surely turn the head of a summer-run steelhead. Would you share the materials list with us?

Jim B.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you share the materials list with us?

Jim B.
Recipe:

#4 hook
Tip: fine French silver tinsel twist
Tag: yellow silk
Tail: GP crest, and few fibres red-dyed GP tippets
Butt: peacock herl
Body: rear 1/2 - yellow silk with fine French silver twist ribbing, purple 'marabou' fluff as veilings, herl separator; front 1/2 body - black silk with fine French silver tinsel twist ribbing, and orange dyed badger hackle to follow ribbing over black silk
Wing: mixed individual fibres of natural cock pheasant tail, natural Amherst centre tail, and goose secondaries in yellow, orange and purple
Head: peacock herl, black silk to finish with just a dab of varnish

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts