Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A husband went to the police station to report his wife missing:

Husband : I've lost my wife, she went shopping yesterday and has still not come home.

Sergeant : What is her height ?

Husband : Oh, 5 something, maybe 5' 5"

Sergeant : Build?

Husband : Not slim, not really fat, but could loose a few.

Sergeant : Color of eyes?

Husband : Dark. Not sure - maybe Brown.

Sergeant : Color of hair?

Husband : Changes according to season - lightish brown now.

Sergeant : What was she wearing?

Husband : I don't remember exactly but she wears jeans a lot.

Sergeant : Did she go in a car?

Husband : yes.

Sergeant : Was there anything distinctive about the car?

Husband : Yeah! It had all my fishing gear in it. There was a 13' 6" Bob Meiser spey rod with an engraved Speyco reel, an old 9' 6" Heddon bamboo rod in a leather carrying case with an old antique Hardy reel, a pair of Simms waders and boots, my fly vest filled with two boxes of old English spey flies, and all sorts of other........at this point the husband started crying...

Sergeant : Don't worry sir.......We'll find your fishing gear.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Haha, so true....my wife is out with the credit cards right now but all the gear is safe at home

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
I don't let my wife drive my car! There are few things that are sacred the car with its contents is on top of the list.

Great read!

KC

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great story...we all are empathetic to his worries!!!

I don't let my wife drive my car! There are few things that are sacred the car with its contents is on top of the list.
I couldn't agree more. I'm lucky that my wife hates driving or even riding in my truck.

Christian

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
God did I need a good laugh!

Not supposed to but poured my self some Vodka and went out back for a smoke. Laughed so hard I choked and had to toss the 'beverage.'

Not quite the same, but darned close.

fae
Edit: ".... There was a 13' 6" Bob Meiser spey rod with an engraved Speyco reel,..." That's EXACTLY the 'FES' and Tim's reel just inside the garage door. Strung and all it needs is the Jeeps rod rack. Finger tips on the rod, two dogs looking at you: 'Should we go hunting this afternoon?' The rod/reel I have, but God do I miss those two doggies.

·
Registered
321 Posts
A policeman pulled me over for speeding and asked why I kept going faster as he tried to stop me. I told him my wife ran off with a state trooper and I thought he was trying to give her back to me.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
No wife, no worries

No disrespect but, worrying about losing my fishing gear due to an errant wife is not one of them.:chuckle:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts