Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning lads. Salmon Guy and i have tentatively planned a trip to the Miramichi in late April/early May. We will be staying in the Doaktown area,, with Keith Betts most likely. I am not trying to organize anything,, just wondering if any of you will be there at that time of year? Some of you may be lurkers and not want to post so please feel free to shoot me a PM.
This could be a good opportunity for some maritime spey guys to meet and help each other out or even just share a malt and try some different gear. Months to go before this happens but those who may be there at this date please chime in,,or PM.
Thanks lads.
Salmon Chaser

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be expensive.

Hi Chris. Yeah,, it would be great to spend a day casting and swinging for big kelts. However, if a lad was to come for the day just to meet some guys and cast some different gear,, well he would still have to hire the guide and buy the three day regardless of his intent. That alone is an expensive day and then factor in travel,etc. The reason for my post was to try and coordinate a date and meet up with some lads who will all ready br there and swinging with the long rods. Alan(salmonguy) and i are just schemimg at the moment and also thought of the River Philip(small river but no guides) as well as Margaree. We usually do the Miramichi in the spring though around the end of April so that was the ideal location to meet some other spey lads.. Danny Ripley is on the board here as well and i may contact him to see just how much interest he has over his way. It would be pretty cool to set up a gathering here in the Maritimes but i certainly am not about to attempt that just yet. Hope that some other lads see this through the winter and we can get a few of us together for a day. The pools get huge at this time of the year and fish can be anywhere,,, and 10 of us can fish a rotation with no problem. That would be cool to watch 10(or more) other guys below you making big casts. The Claude Warren stretch comes to mind. Hope we can make it happen.
Salmon Chaser

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Salmon Chaser, long time no talk. Hope all is well with you. I think that there would be some interest over here. There is a small core of spey guys here now and I think that they'd be interested...I know that I am. Give me a shout.

Danny

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
We got up for opening day on the Margaree last spring, and not having been there in a number of years - I was suprised how many guys go out for the spring "trout" fishing.
I wasn't the only one throwing a long rod either. It might be a good alternative to the Miramichi, and certainly cheaper, but not really central for a group.
Let's stay in touch on this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts