Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing to tie some flies to get ready for my Klamath trip. Will be working on some "Brett's Klamath Intruders" in a bit, but was fooling around with some hackle to see what I could come up with. Tied on a senyo 23mm micro shank.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
scary ! i think i cleaned one of those off my windshield yesterday . nice tying , i think the local smallies would chase that one down .
thanks , jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m wondering Trouter, what’s your hook to shank material? Is that backing? I tie intruders in this size a lot but still haven’t made peace with anything I’ve used but fine wire, but it’s hard to find locally in the diameter I need. How does the stuff you’re using behave? Is there any stiffness to it?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Name of the fly

I love the fly and would put it on the end of the line and fish it with confidence. Nice tie!

However, the name needs work. IMHO the name "mini intruder" is an oxymoron. Intruders are meant to be large flies the put out a large silhouette with a minimum amount of material. In the words of George Carlin mini and intruder go together like Jumbo Shrimp or Military Intelligence!

Take all this with a grain of salt and with humorous intentions....

Mark

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m wondering Trouter, what’s your hook to shank material? Is that backing? I tie intruders in this size a lot but still haven’t made peace with anything I’ve used but fine wire, but it’s hard to find locally in the diameter I need. How does the stuff you’re using behave? Is there any stiffness to it?
it's just 30lb powerpro braid (lots of bass fishing this summer). It has a little bit of stiffness, but that will wear off. I thought about that when I tied it, but I think current will keep the hook from hanging down too much. That is the thought anyway...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the fly and would put it on the end of the line and fish it with confidence. Nice tie!

However, the name needs work. IMHO the name "mini intruder" is an oxymoron. Intruders are meant to be large flies the put out a large silhouette with a minimum amount of material. In the words of George Carlin mini and intruder go together like Jumbo Shrimp or Military Intelligence!

Take all this with a grain of salt and with humorous intentions....

Mark
true...I didn't give it any thought...:grin2: "the minor incursion"? hahaha...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.