Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time for everyone to mark their calender for the weekend of March 28th 2009 for The Midwest Gathering on The Muskegon River.......

I debated on having this the weekend of the 14th when Walleye season was still open, but we don't need no stinking Walleye to eat good and gather for another fun filled free Spey weekend on the Muskegon.

This time I will sip the Scotch rather than DRINK it and not be the first one to bed.......:eek:

As always, it's an open invitation to everyone to come on up, down, or over to my place on the Muskegon for a free weekend of fishing, tying, and sometimes shooting near Newaygo.

If you have been here before, you are welcome to come and bring friends, and if you haven't been here before........ You are welcome to come and bring friends also....... I'm throwing open the doors to everyone that has or wants to explore what the Muskegon River and surronding area has to offer.

Bed space is limited so bring a cot or a bedroll if you have one, or you can lay claim to a couch, floor space, or talk my German Shorthair into giving up her "nest".
Please bring your own personals, a towel, sleeping bag, and pillow. I have a full kitchen and laundry facilities. My house is yours for the weekend. We can plan meals, or everyone does their own thing.

If you bring feathers to tye with, my dog likes to "play" with them so pack them with this in mind.

You can stop by for an hour, a day, or the entire weekend. You are welcome to use the place as a "Home Base" to fish from, or just sit inside and stare at the river. Your choice.

I'm taking Friday March 27th off work so early attendees can arrive Thursday evening and stay untill Sunday evening..... or later. I enjoy the company and I think I have more fun hosting these than the people attending.

The Steelhead run should be going strong........ The weather and river levels are anybody's guess, but I'll bet it will be warmer than it has been and I hope most of the snow will be gone........

Jamey McLeod has once again agreed to be the contact person, or you can E-mail or PM me as well.

I hope to have a full house once again,

Joe

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
Joe,
Sounds like another good time to be had! Thanks for doing this!

Can I claim the same room that I had this fall?:devil: I'll be in touch.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
I'm in!

Joe,

I'll try to set a better example drinking Scotch the first night, so you don't have to try to out do me the next night. Wouldn't mind getting some fishing in this trip also.:hihi:

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Hi Joe.
Another one Im going to miss.
I will be fishing the Dee 22-29 for springers.
I definitely want to make it down this year to one of the claves there.
Later,Neil.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ohhhhhh YEAH!

I'll be there and hopefully with a couple of six's of Backwoods Bastard. :saevilw: Jamey, I think you might've created a monster bringing those over the other weekend. :eek:

See ya'll there!!

Skeet

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for the invite Joe. Had a great time at the last gathering. Maybe I'll bring my cousin Diane and Dennis. They were at the clave and Diane won the Sage reel. She sure is the lucky one. She is getting very good at tying flies and she could pick up a few pointers from Gary. See ya in March

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Thanks for the invite Joe. Had a great time at the last gathering. Maybe I'll bring my cousin Diane and Dennis. They were at the clave and Diane won the Sage reel. She sure is the lucky one. She is getting very good at tying flies and she could pick up a few pointers from Gary. See ya in March

I'd keep her away from Gary:hihi: , really. It would be good to see her though.

Keep me posted on the big lake stuff, I still have the place out by the lakeshore. If your out that way you always have a place to crash.

·
Waiting for the grab...
340 Posts
I'm in...hopefully work will not get the way like it did this fall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Joe

Hi, it's me, Diane, the "lucky one" with the Sage reel. I would love to come to your gathering but that is the only weekend I cannot make it. I am planning on coming out sometime in March to buy my rod from Bob when the "Rogue River" thaws so that I can try it out first-he's a great guy. I'll probably bring Dennis and Mark-maybe we can get some people together-I am dying to stand in a river again (with my own SPEY rod)! I hope you all have fun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will be there its always a good time thanks mojo you rock man.

·
Ankle bone bandit
80 Posts
you got a problem with cheddar and brats? ;) would love to join you guys but i'll be stuck out in OR:( that's is a fun time and i'm glad to hear it's still happening.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys are scaring me.........

Geez........ I'm thankfull I'll be sleeping in my room with the lock on the inside of the door!

Jamey and Seth can have their private "spooning" room and Gary might as well join the two in the room with the lock on the outside of the door....... Just for everyone elses safety :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Good to see we'll be having some new faces to go with the "regular" crew. Notice I didn't say "normal" as no part of that word applies to most of us........:chuckle:

I'm hoping for a great turnout so if your thinking about attending, stop thinking and start planning....... These gatherings are a blast!

Joe

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
1 - 20 of 106 Posts