Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Paid subscriber
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just getting back into the doublehand game and need to line a new to me 11'9 scierra hmsv2. The rod is rated for 19-21 grams. Having briefly owned one and regretting selling it later"...I recall having a scierra mwf wallet with heads and poly leaders. I also remember using a Vision ace heads cut a bit heavier than 21 grams from Deschutes Angler...whatever happened to vision ace? Can,t seem to find it around anymore.

Anyhow....I was drooling all over my IPad while on the Meiser website and noticed he is selling a Scandi wallet with a variety of tips kind of like the scierra mwf system I had....

Any experience with it? I recall liking the Vision heads the most out of those I tried... would the Meiser heads compare? love to hear experiences with his heads versus others on the market. Like the idea of getting an integrated system with heads and poly leaders to match the rod.

As always thanks for your time and expertise

Mark

·
flailing less
490 Posts
In regards to Vison Ace...

...they are alive and well and living in Canada, among other places. I recently purchased one of the new Floating/clear intermediate scandi heads (and it looks absolutely gorgeous in all its poly-urethane glory) from a shop near Vancouver, B.C.. I'm sure there's a shop somewhere North of your location.

The (un-official) word I got from a former U.S. Vision Ace retailer was that another leading U.S. manufacturer was providing a comparable product line with greater availability.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nile Creek Fly Shop

on Vancouver Island list Vision in their product line.

·
Administrator
19,211 Posts
Congratulations on the recent purchase Mark !! A wonderful stick :smokin:
As you know already, Henrick enjoys a light load and rated his series of rods towards the light side of things. You can easily increase the grains and add 3grams on the high end and still enjoy a underhand cast. Or add 6-7 grams and line it with a Skagit.
I did enjoy casting his MWF series of lines on my HMvII's as well, but must say the Guideline DDC's really flew and fished well. That being said, Steve Godshall's Skandit lines would be extra sweet on your rod !! They are my favorite lines to cast and fish .... that's why I own 14 of them :)

Mike

·
Paid subscriber
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey mike

I was hoping you would still be around on this board. Thanks for the advice..much appreciated. I recall the rod loading well with heavier than rated lines...perhaps I should start with around 350 grains for scandi heads

·
Administrator
19,211 Posts
Mark,
I should also mention that Steve also has a Scandoid line. He also sent me what he calls his B.C shooting head. A little different than his Skandit series and Scandoid of heads. Don't forget, he also offers all his lines in full intermediate and multi-tip too ..... I have them all :smokin::smokin:

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts