Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A second major health crisis in the last 13 months has now fallen on my family, and my fishing gear is becoming less & less important in the grand scheme of things.

Payment is accepted happily:) via Paypal or Postal Money Order.
Personal checks, wampum, food stamps etc. will be held until funds clear.
All prices are without shipping. Buyers are responsible for all shipping, duty & import fees where applicable.

Meiser - S2H13689SW 13'6" 8/9 four piece w/ two different tips. Rod Built April 2004 for David Anderson "Grampa Spey" of Napa CA. Rod was built with substantial reinforcement and feels more like a 9+. One tip is designed for a faster "tippier" feel, the other is a bit stiffer and pulls sinktips etc. Very nice rod, quite the cannon, but I have never needed such a stout rod, and it has sat since I bought it two years ago. (If you know G.Spey, then you know why I got the rod. He hurt his shoulder about the same time the rod was being finished and delivered. I bought it virtually unfished) Typical Meiser work with beautiful threadwork and feather inlays. There is the slightest hint of corrosion at the base of the first stripper guide. Otherwise the rod is excellent or better. $450 w/ sock. Will be shipped in sturdy shipping tube.

SAGE 6126/3 Euro Action. New in Tube w/ Sock. Never fished or even had a reel on it. NO WARRANTY CARD. I sent it in. $350

Loomis Metolius 13'4" 5/6 w/ tube & sock. Extremely good condition. $250

Lamson Velocity 4 & Extra Spool. Not HardAlox. Reel is in the bluish anodized finish. Has had a line on it and mounted to a rod, but never seen water. Virtually brand new. I also will include an additional unused spool that is from the previous series and bronze in color. Both new backing and original pouches. $235

Rio Windcutter Floater 9/10/11 new in package $45

Rio Skagit Head 750g (just the looped head, no running line) new in package $30

Rio Wincutter Upgrade 9/10/11 unused. $15

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
559 Posts
Very sorry to hear that you have a serious health problem; all I can say is i hope it works out well for you.

I have sent you a PM re the Meiser rod and will be pleased if you will add the Lamson 4 reel to that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Meiser 13689

Bill,I will take the Meiser if it still available, Pay Pal OK call (360)770-9492 and we can make arrangements for shipping.
Cheers
Sauk River
AKA Mike

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Bill sorry to hear about the latest health issue

Bill, I will be contacting you privately re the health issue.

Re: Meiser - S2H13689SW 13'6" 8/9 four piece w/ two different tips. Rod Built April 2004 for David Anderson "Grampa Spey" of Napa CA. Rod was built with substantial reinforcement and feels more like a 9+. One tip is designed for a faster "tippier" feel, the other is a bit stiffer and pulls sinktips etc. Very nice rod, quite the cannon, but I have never needed such a stout rod, and it has sat since I bought it two years ago. (If you know G.Spey, then you know why I got the rod. He hurt his shoulder about the same time the rod was being finished and delivered. I bought it virtually unfished) Typical Meiser work with beautiful threadwork and feather inlays. There is the slightest hint of corrosion at the base of the first stripper guide. Otherwise the rod is excellent or better. $450 w/ sock. Will be shipped in sturdy shipping tube."

As Bill, noted Bob finished this great rod for me and shortly after I received it, I reinjured my shoulder and injured my bicep head. Heavy rods are in the past for me.

That rod is beautiful and is a rocket caster with the Carron 65' 9/10 Jet Stream and 15' Steelhead Mono Leader and a few feet of tippet and the lighter tip. With the heavy tip, it threw the Skagit 650 and any sinking tip Bob Pauli and I put on it. It will probably be even more effective with the Rio Skagit 750.

A good reel with the Carron 65' 9/10 and a spool with the Rio Skagit 750 would probably handle most fish we fish for in America, the old sod, S America and ?.

A second major health crisis in the last 13 months has now fallen on my family, and my fishing gear is becoming less & less important in the grand scheme of things.

Payment is accepted happily:) via Paypal or Postal Money Order.
Personal checks, wampum, food stamps etc. will be held until funds clear.
All prices are without shipping. Buyers are responsible for all shipping, duty & import fees where applicable.

Meiser - S2H13689SW 13'6" 8/9 four piece w/ two different tips. Rod Built April 2004 for David Anderson "Grampa Spey" of Napa CA. Rod was built with substantial reinforcement and feels more like a 9+. One tip is designed for a faster "tippier" feel, the other is a bit stiffer and pulls sinktips etc. Very nice rod, quite the cannon, but I have never needed such a stout rod, and it has sat since I bought it two years ago. (If you know G.Spey, then you know why I got the rod. He hurt his shoulder about the same time the rod was being finished and delivered. I bought it virtually unfished) Typical Meiser work with beautiful threadwork and feather inlays. There is the slightest hint of corrosion at the base of the first stripper guide. Otherwise the rod is excellent or better. $450 w/ sock. Will be shipped in sturdy shipping tube.

SAGE 6126/3 Euro Action. New in Tube w/ Sock. Never fished or even had a reel on it. NO WARRANTY CARD. I sent it in. $350

Loomis Metolius 13'4" 5/6 w/ tube & sock. Extremely good condition. $250

Lamson Velocity 4 & Extra Spool. Not HardAlox. Reel is in the bluish anodized finish. Has had a line on it and mounted to a rod, but never seen water. Virtually brand new. I also will include an additional unused spool that is from the previous series and bronze in color. Both new backing and original pouches. $235

Rio Windcutter Floater 9/10/11 new in package $45

Rio Skagit Head 750g (just the looped head, no running line) new in package $30

Rio Wincutter Upgrade 9/10/11 unused. $15

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pending Payment

The Meiser, Lamson, and Rio lines are all sold pending payment.

The SAGE and Loomis rods are still available.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Meiser and LAmson.

Thank you Bill for dealing with this sale so quickly. I am really looking forward to using this rod here in Scotland. I have two other (15') Meisers and this one seems made for my purpose. Shame that I have to buy another Carron!!

With best wishes,

Tweedside.

PS Despite my apparant disrespect and dislike for 'skagit' casting, I may even try to learn it! If that is what MJC was doing on the U Tube video I may just grow to like it!!

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
[/QUOTE]PS Despite my apparant disrespect and dislike for 'skagit' casting, I may even try to learn it! If that is what MJC was doing on the U Tube video I may just grow to like it!![/QUOTE]

No skagit casting in the Red Shed video that I know of. It also is not me casting but my friend Tracy Allen, veteran Clearwater steelhead bum. He is using my/now his, beloved Meiser 15'-7/8/9 Highlander with an 8/9 Delta Long.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Good my great rod is going to a good home on the old Sod.

Thank you Bill for dealing with this sale so quickly. I am really looking forward to using this rod here in Scotland. I have two other (15') Meisers and this one seems made for my purpose. Shame that I have to buy another Carron!!

With best wishes,

Tweedside.

PS Despite my apparant disrespect and dislike for 'skagit' casting, I may even try to learn it! If that is what MJC was doing on the U Tube video I may just grow to like it!!
I would try whatever Carrons you have before you buy another one. The rod can probably handle anything weight wise and probably 5-5.5 times the rod length with a long line.

You should have Bill ship you the Skagit, if it isn't sold. You might be amazed.

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would try whatever Carrons you have before you buy another one. The rod can probably handle anything weight wise and probably 5-5.5 times the rod length with a long line.

You should have Bill ship you the Skagit, if it isn't sold. You might be amazed.

Regards,
Dave
Many thanks Grampa! I can assure you that she is going to a good home and will not be lonely for her kin folk. I have big brother and sister Meisers and the Burkheimer Cousins and even one of the Anderson Family, close neighbours. They will look out for her.

Scotland is my adopted retirement homeland...and very beautiful it is just here near Kelso, the home of the Junction Pool, The Floors Castle beats and close by is the cream of Tweed salmon fishing. My native land really is the 'ould sod'....Ireland,where I learned to fish over 50 years ago and where I caught my biggest fish. Your old rod will see the Slaney, the Outer Hebrides and several West of Ireland and Scotland rivers.

Regarding lines I will take your advice as I have a suitcase full of lines and will try everything vaguely suitable with it before I splash out on a new line!!

Hope that your shoulder is not sotroublesome as it clearly was....I complain and all I have is tennis elbows.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Sounds like my old rod will have a great home with all of the American Artist Rods

Many thanks Grampa! I can assure you that she is going to a good home and will not be lonely for her kin folk. I have big brother and sister Meisers and the Burkheimer Cousins and even one of the Anderson Family, close neighbours. They will look out for her.

Scotland is my adopted retirement homeland...and very beautiful it is just here near Kelso, the home of the Junction Pool, The Floors Castle beats and close by is the cream of Tweed salmon fishing. My native land really is the 'ould sod'....Ireland,where I learned to fish over 50 years ago and where I caught my biggest fish. Your old rod will see the Slaney, the Outer Hebrides and several West of Ireland and Scotland rivers.

Regarding lines I will take your advice as I have a suitcase full of lines and will try everything vaguely suitable with it before I splash out on a new line!!

Hope that your shoulder is not sotroublesome as it clearly was....I complain and all I have is tennis elbows.
You have all of those great SW Oregon rod maker rods.

This rod will be enjoyable for you. It can lift the long lines and still is short enough to fire the line forward after you load it on your forward cast with the power coming from your lower hand. Like most of Meise's rods it has a good size grain window.

Re my shoulders, I basically use the shorter and lighter rods now. The shorter Z Axis rods with the AFS Heads and touch and go casting are basically effortless. The Skagits require a little more effort, but again they are basically effortless to cast. My two Meise switch rods and one Gary Anderson Switch rods with the two handles and short rod length are the ultimate in effortless casting.

I had a great physical therapist, and there are certain exercises I do several times a day and often while casting.

My family doctor is a personal friend, and he has great advice for those of us with the gray hair or less hair. If it hurts when you do something you used to be able to do. Find another way to do it without hurting, if you can't find a way that doesn't hurt, don't do it any more.:eek:

Enjoy your new rod, and I'm glad that it found a good new home.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, the Sage 6126 and Loomis 13'4" 5/6 are still available

Everything else has been sold and shipped (Thanks Guys).

The Sage 6126 and Loomis 13'4" 5/6 are still looking for good homes.

Best Regards,
Bill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts