Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at one of these for my next purchase and I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this rod. Lines and line WT's that you are using on it would be a huge help as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Chrome
In my opinion a very good choice!!! This is really a do it all rod, I would say that it does really shine with short heads but has the ability to cast long lines as well with some authority. Combos I like on this rod are:9/10 carron, 10/11 carron, 10/11 snowbee 2D, longdelta 8/9, delta 8/9, 10,11,12 windcutter modified version, hardy 10/11 salmon head and also a xlt 7/8 that we were able to cast to the backing knot. I hope some of the short head experts chime in with different combos as well, as there are many for this rod. I would say Mike and Bob really dialed this rod in with many hours spent in development to get it as close to perfect as possible.

Brian

·
Registered
630 Posts
No sir, I have not had the pleasure of casting that rod yet but am really looking forward to it. If it falls in line with the other rods in the series it should be very good.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hopefully Meiser will have an opportunity to comment. I'm wondering if it is designed for short belly lines ? That was my understanding on the MKS line. In some other threads I've been asking about a longer rod that will perform well in the ~80 - 85 ft range with WC or MS and big tips for deep swinging. I've not had any experience with Meiser rods but have heard good things from everyone.

Gillie

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
I agree with everything Brian said about the 13'6" 8/9 MKS. The 14' 9/10 is also a very nice stick.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hi Gillie,

Mark Pascarella will be getting a 15' 9/10 MKS.... And it will appear at the up-coming Great lakes Clave in April for evaluation by attendees.

Mark has agreed to bring half a dozen other rods as well, including several from the MKS series, Greaseliners and Trouters.

The 15' 9/10 MKS is a fast/medium fast ~ progressive action, regressed taper, and as is the 13'6" MKS, she is designed to be an all purpose rod.

She is based on the same tapers as the 13'6" 8/9 MKS.....Suitable for both Scando/Skagit shooting head tip systems, and short/mid to long bellied lines <> As full float, full sink, or tips.

As are most 15'ers, she is inherently a long distance delivery tool.

Hope you get a chance to try her out at this gathering.

Meiz

·
Registered
562 Posts
Bob,
There are a few claves this spring throughout the GL region, which one are you referring to ?

Gillie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts