Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mr Meiser and I are again teaming up for a rod package raffle at the 2010 Clearwater Spey Gathering with all the proceeds going to the Watershed Watch Salmon Society.

The rod/line is a S2H1307S-4 Highlander S Rod with a matching SGS Scandi MendMaster line. For a reel I'm thinking a Bougle MK7. This package has a retail value of more then $1200.00.

Tickets are $5.00usd each, cash, check, or money order. NO PayPal or credit cards for raffle ticket purchases.

Need not be present to win. Any shipping cost connected with the winner not being present are the winner's responsibility.

Make checks or money orders out to Watershed Watch Salmon Society. Don't forget a phone number so if I don't know you I can reach you.

Send them to:

Red Shed Fly Shop
20652 Big Canyon RD
Peck, Idaho 83545

The last day I get mail before the Spey Clave is Sept 24 so anything here by then goes in the bucket. I have the elves lined up to fill out any tickets from any mail ins. I hope you guys that want to do this will get your funds mailed in early as it gets REALLY BUSY right before the clave.

The Bougle MK7 is reversible as to wind.

http://www.watershed-watch.org/

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you don't have to be present to win, put me down for $100 worth, and let me know how you want me to pay you.

What a great idea.

kevin

·
Speys Cadet
97 Posts
Tickets are $5.00usd each, cash, check, or money order. NO PayPal or credit cards for raffle ticket purchases...
Poppy,

Can you post instructions for entering?

Who do we make the check out to?
Where do we send it?
What's our deadline?
Is the Bougle LHW only, and non-traditionalists need not hold their breath?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I left out a couple details. Please see above.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Red Shed does not accept PayPal. I do not have a business PayPal account. I want nothing to do with anything connected to PayPal.

·
Lucky Bastard
722 Posts
On the way

Hey Poppy,
The checks in the mail for my tickets.Pick me out a winner!!:smokin:

Thanks Scott

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
My 50 bucks worth are in the mail as of yesterday.. Couldnt post until now cause the power went of yesterday PM an the lineman put cutters to my internet cable.:saevilw::saevilw:
Had to go to town an get me sum cable fittings and stretch out the extention ladder and get r dun.

If I was to wait on comcast--I might not get hookd backup till next fri.......

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hooked and Danimal are in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm in...

...for $50 worth. I'd love to have one of Bob's rod's in the quiver, to put it mildly. Will send a check along with a small order tomorrow. Thanks, Poppy.
Ed

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Poppy, send all the other money back.

My $100.00 check will be in early tomorrow's mail; no need for these other Folk to be wasting their $$, short of just a donation to a good cause. This would be a great addition to the 3/4/5 12'6" 'trouter' I ordered from Bob yesterday.

And speaking of 'good causes,' is this a 503C? If so, with the checks made out to you they will need (for IRS) something to show where the $$ went. Tax reg's, (if memory serves) that go/went into effect this year. 'No tickie, no washie' on your 1040.

Get your, well actually theirs, receipt book up and handy.:D

Ain't "OweBama" a wonderful guy? Hay Guys, I voted for the 'other Guy.'

fae
:roll:

Fred

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Damnation! Forgot to ask!! Local RV parks/tent camping in the immediate area.

Will be driving over in 'The Big Box' with JD, Brian (Yates) and Joan (my ex:whoa:). I'm sure there will be others who have a similar question.

With we RV types, we can 'dry camp' for a few days, save for getting additional water/getting rid of 'gray water' (stuff out of the sink/shower). Campers will need a bit more in the way of facilities (obvious reasons) soooo can you put up some links on facilities in the area?

Sooner you book, the better the odds of getting what you want/need in the immediate area.

Get a 'price break?'

Fred

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fred, Read the first post again. ALL CHECKS ARE TO BE MADE OUT TO WATERSHED WATCH.

Any checks made out to Poppy will be used to buy tacos, for Poppy.

As to RV parks, here's a link to some local ones. http://www.redshedflyshop.com/motels.html

·
Hopeless Romantic...
1,950 Posts
Any checks made out to Poppy will be used to buy tacos, for Poppy.
I bet this is true, for
Iv'e personally watched in bewilderment (and partook) at the mass consumption of tacos :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Oops!

Sorry, Poppy-
Sent the check yesterday; payable to Red Shed, (force of habit:rolleyes:), of course, including a small order amount. Unless it's already been converted to taco's, let me know if I should send another, filled-out correctly:smokin: Thanks.
Ed

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just wanted to bring this back up to the top as Poppies gathering is drawing closer.

Craig Orr and the Watershed Watch Salmon Society are the among the real shakers and movers for the recent legislation to contain salmon farming operations in the PNW.

In truth there are without question many that have been instrumental in this effort, but Craig's (and his associates) tireless research and language on this matter has become the benchmark for all of us that wish to see this problem addressed and eliminated in all of the PNW coastal watersheds.

It's not just a rod, reel and line we are talking about acquiring here: It is a means by which you can hands-on support an extremely worthy cause to better our regional fisheries.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for your support <> Bob Meiser

C

·
0 Posts
Right on Bob

Right on Bob. Great cause and solid science. See you in a couple weeks...

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Poppy,

Sending acheck out this Tuesday for some of those tix, good cause and all. Winning the rod would be just icing on the cake.

Don't think I will make it this year with the new job and all, things are kind of tight.

Borderfly

1 - 20 of 26 Posts