Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Is anyone fishing a Meiser S2H1367MKS? How do you like it? What line are you using?

Thanks, ED

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Meiser 13' 6/7 MKS

I have one and I love it. My go to summer rod for small to med. rivers. Hardy Mach 1 9/10 floating and Mach 1 8/9 intermediate work great.

Rich

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great rod. I've been using a Delta 6/7 with it and it's awesome. I also use an off the shelf airflo skagit 6/7 for my tip work (that would be something like 440 grains if I remember correctly) the rod sings with it. The skagit set-up will handle a rio type 8 off of my midspey 9/10 no problem or 10 to 12 feet of T14. The MKS rods like an underhand delivery and I'd like to believe that they have improved my casting. I've always had a problem with overdoing the top hand during the forward stroke when casting heavy tips. My experience has been that some of the stiffer rods out there will give you a serviceable albeit inefficient cast if you do that. With the MKS that won't work...but when you get it right there is practically no effort involved in casting the heaviest tips all day long with these rods. I also own an MKS 13689 but so far...here in the great lakes... have found that the 1367 has gotten more work than the 8/9. I've had no problem landing fresh run mid twenties kings on the 6/7.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ditto the above

Great Rod. I use a Snowbee 8/9 2D and a Skagit 450 which will handle 15' of T14 with no problem. Both lines were Bob's suggestion and perform admirably. Finish and cosmetics on the rod are superb.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark/Rich,

Thanks for your replies. I've got a Highlander 7/8 on order and should be arriving shorltly. I was considering the 6/7 Skagit for next season.

This past weekend I bought a Vision (Swedish floater) for my Winston BIIX 7/8 and threw it yesterday. MONSTER........ However, I'm considering going lighter for next year or later this season. Thanks, ED

1 - 5 of 5 Posts