Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thank you Jerry
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen so many amazing rods and reels on this site from so many different builders. I always said that I couldn't post pics of my set-up on here, it's really just not me. But, I get it now. One gets so geeked on their new baby, and want to share it with some cool like minded people. The style isn't always everyone's taste, but you appreciate it and get it. So here it is... I bought a Speyco 4" Scandi w/Tim's first Leaded finish a while back and dreamt about building a rod for it. It had to be special and unique, like the reel. So I went to see Bob, that's a problem living within 10 minutes of his shop... We chatted about some ideas, we went to the river for a couple of hours with a few different possibilities and I fell in love with the S2H13668C-4. Just what I was wanting! I've had it out a couple times now and couldn't be happier! I took some pics which are not that great with my phone, but I wanted share them with you guys!

Cheers-

Attachments

·
Undertaker
1,326 Posts
Very nice

Mr. Meiser's work is impeccable as usual. Your photos aren't great, but the beauty of that setup comes through. Here's hoping your next shots are of a nice chromer beside the rod and reel, making that reel look dull. Do not leave that rod where Fred's new puppy might find it:tsk_tsk:.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Nice looking combo, congrats! That is a serious looking outfit there. Not to high jack your post ,but I have pretty much the same thing going on ,but you've got a bit more bling!
13'6" 7/8 Meiser MKS
Speyco Skagit leaded Frankenspey

Attachments

·
Thank you Jerry
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S- Indeed you are right, it does need some Chrome next to it! I've caught a few on it since I got it a couple weeks ago, but nothing that was worthy of pics yet. Soon!

F- I love your set up as well and that Hawg!

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Hello.. Wonderful mix of that, pretty dated, designed reel, and the ULTRAmodern rod. Mr. Meiser´s rods are not my cup of tea, but I have to admire his craft. Top notch maker.. Yours borano20

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thanks for posting the images Thomas ...

It was cool watching you pick out all of the components for your rod, and assemble them on the shop bench ...

... And perfect timing on your part for an after hour good Kentucky Bourbon !!!

We had fun having you in the shop, and hope she brings you many fine seasons on your rivers ... };^) ... !!!

Bob

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Too many rods and reels???

I have the same rod !!!!! It is my favorite and like everyone else with the spey disease i have way too many rods and reels.
peter
No Way! But I agree with the 'Spey Disease' bit. I'm told its 'incurable,' with me that appears to be the case. :(

Fred

·
Thank you Jerry
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting the images Thomas ...

It was cool watching you pick out all of the components for your rod, and assemble them on the shop bench ...

... And perfect timing on your part for an after hour good Kentucky Bourbon !!!

We had fun having you in the shop, and hope she brings you many fine seasons on your rivers ... };^) ... !!!

Bob
Bob-

I had a great time in the shop, Bourbon or not, but that was a tasty bonus, next time I come in, it's on me;)

About to fire up the bbq for this hatchery hen I picked up this evening at Touville, absolutely having a blast with my new rod!
Thanks again-
Thomas

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
I have the same rod !!!!! It is my favorite and like everyone else with the spey disease i have way too many rods and reels.
peter
Hello.. peter, I´ve seen that "way too many rods and reels" expression before this, somewhere.. Never got down to the meaning, however. I´m probably stupid, or have a blind spot there, so could you please explain it to me?? Or someone else, maybe?? Before I do something wrong.. Yours borano20

·
Registered
371 Posts
That is a beauty! I'm ordering a Meiser Highlander 13' 6/7/8 myself. Also got a Speyco Skagit coming from Tim. I hope to pose it next to some steel this winter. :cool:

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
Too many rods & reels

Borano20

I believe he means exactly what he says - he has more rods & reels than he needs. I myself have a summer weight (Meiser 12'6" 5 wt), and a winter weight (Meiser 13'6" 7/8 MKS), and believe I have all I need. Some fellows are so infatuated or caught up in the game that they can't help themselves, so they buy more.

Nothing wrong with it.

That's it!😉

1 - 17 of 17 Posts