Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is you chance to get a brand new Meiser 13'6" 4 pc. 7/8/9 rod and support the site at the same time.

Here is the link:

Meiser Auction Rod

Sorry the photos are not the greatest but believe me, this is an awesome rod!!

-sean

Inlay:

Uppper Grip:

Lower Grip:

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Wow the bidding is already getting up there. Thanks for the support guys and whoever wins is going to have a killer rod.

Put a 7/8 long delta on the rod and she sings!!!

-sean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Two tips in aluminum case?

Sean - is this the standard two tip in aluminum case?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I do not think Bob does two tips or a aluminum case. It is a 4 piece rod with a cordura case included.

-sean

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Guys, this rod is worth every penny of it's retail price.

I've got something like 14 spey rods ... and I thought I knew what worked/when ... then Bob handed me his new 7-8-9.

Dear God, a Rod of the Gods!! Next question, after try this, was do you take cheques?

Pony up, the Forum needs our support.:smokin:

Sorry for the add on, but just got the "blue screen of death."

I've not had the occation to use Bob's rod with tips yet, but as a dry line rod, there is NOTHING better out there in the market. To repeat myself, the major problem I've had with this rod is putting my fly(s) in the trees on the other side of the river (several times.. forget how long a leader I'm running off the end of the LB Delta).

Sorry for the local "plug," but if you can only afford one rod, this is it.
Period, Bob's nailed it to the wall with this stick.

·
"Sing"
51 Posts
Oh wow!

I've tried that rod. I want it too!!!

I tried it with Fred heavy reel, which is too heavy for my taste, but the rod's absoluetly sweet. :)

Hey Fred, do you want that camera? I may get it for myself.

-Sing

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Take the rod on test Cast

For any one in the area who would like a try this rod I have it on the Try Rack.

I must say she is sweet.

:smokin:

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just FYI this auction is ending tomorrow morning and thanks to everyone who has bid so far. 100% of these funds will be used to support the forum/speypages and we really appreciate it.

Thanks again to Robert Meiser for donating the rod and if you missed out be sure to check out his website at:

http://www.meiserflyrods.com

and get one on order:cool:

-sean

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Very Cool 'Reely!'

You will NOT BE DISAPOINTED. This is the 'Rod of the Spey Gods!!'

If someone ups the bid, let me know and I'll "chip in" to assure you get this goodie!

fae

·
Registered
329 Posts
auction

FAE

Thanks for the support,it went to the wire. It might be awhile until I get to try it but the proceeds go to a good cause. In my short time around here I have certainly enjoyed some of the discussions and even managed to find a couple of needed items.Best wishes for the holidays and who knows Santa may have something for you. thanks again,

Jim

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
reely -

Thanks for the generous bid, and congrats on winning!

Let's get together and do a spey day. I would love to see and cast that work of art!

In fact there will be a spring eastern spey clave hereabouts, I hope you can join us. Most likely on one of the freestone rivers in New Hampshire in the spring.

We should all extend a very heartfelt thanks to the Meiz, Bob you are the best!!!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
HOT DAMN!!!

Good Go Guy!!!

Along with the rod goes up to a weeks fishing on the Rogue!! Let me know when you want to come to Southern Oregon. Fluffy pillows, clean sheets, hot showers, and the best darned BBQ within 100 air miles awaits you. As usual, the 'entery fee' at the door is a good bottle of single malt to share; rest is on Joan and me.

Several airlines have direct (well, one transfer) fleights into Medford (OR); the airport is about 30 minutes drive, and I have the fishing car ready to go for you. Squirt me a "PM" so I've got your name/address/phone #.

fae/jee and Saki, the chubby cat.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Good on ya Jim !!!

And to all that bid on the 13'6"7/8/9

...Which BTW... From this point forward will be cataloged in my series of two handers as the S2H136~FES~789

Aaron Reimer nick-named her the "Fred Evans Special" last summer on the Rogue, and I think it only appropriate that she remain so !

In all honesty, I am quite honored and overwhelmed by the generous response the rod received at the auction.

...And the kind words given were taken to heart....Thanks to all.

The Forum is a great medium, and support like this shows that it's appreciated.

Sean/Seely...Best you E-mail me so I can size up the extra tip for that rod.

Meiz

P.S. Seely... You ever got a mind to toss that stick around Rogue country...You let us know...There's plenty of beautiful water to share !

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ego, or no ...

No way am I going to touch that last post ... other than to give Bob a HUGE HUG.

If my name is going to be attached to 'something,' this would be it!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :smokin:

·
Registered
79 Posts
No surprises here...

Meiz is one class act. He's filed in my brain under "Good Humans," a category very few people make it in to (don't ask, Evans.)

-Gus

1 - 17 of 17 Posts