Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am trying to narrow my choices down on a possible switch rod. I am currently debating the T&T 1107-3 vs Bob's S2H106 (traditional action) in either 7/8 or 8/9. I like the 8/9 grain window better than the 7/8.

I have tried the T&T with a Delta Short belly 6/7 and I like it. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used these rods in the past and how they compare.

My goal is to use the rod for Steelhead, smaller Salmon species and beach casting.

Thanks,

Andreas

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
T&T 11' 7 wt.

Hello - I have the T&T 11' 7wt. and it is a fantastic rod with a S.A. short belly 7wt. You don't see this rod discussed very often but it is a winner! It is a light and powerful rod and I would imagine it would make a fine lightwieght beach rod. - Lawrence

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
I "had" the Meiser 8/9 and it was a great for the salt water where I used it 99.9% of the time. Though I am not a fan of the softer traditional action, it proved useful and extremely fun to cast. I used the RIO Scandinavian 8/9 line and it was a perfect match for the fishing situations on the beach.

On the other hand, I have not cast the T&T rod, though, if it is anything like their other rods, it is a great casting rod with some serious backbone.

Good luck, it is a difficult choice, buy the T&T now versus, waiting in line??? I usually opt for waiting as Bob's accoutremonts are insane.

Vinnie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. From everything I am seeing Bob is getting great reviews on the quality side. Any additional experiences are appreciated.

Andreas

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Great comments about the meiser. He builds a great stick.

I own a 1107 T&T and use it for spey and overhead work out here on the east coast for stripers. All around a great rod and one I will never part with. Very much a 7wt and it spey casts very nice for such a short rod.

For an accurate comparison to a meiser you would probably want to look at his fast action 106 rather than the traditional one. The T&T is a much faster rod than the traditional switchers.

Bobs 8/9 rods are a much better choice if you plan on hooking 10+ pound fish. The T&T just cannot handle anything really large as it really is a 7wt.

Either way you cannot go wrong,

-sean

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback. It will not be an easy decision between Meiser and T&T. Do you have a good idea of the weight difference between the Meiser and T&T. I have not seen either publish how heavy their rods are.

Andreas

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
I am not sure of the weights but I do not think it is a deal breaker either way.

With meiser rods you have different cork options and they are 4 pieces which will affect the weight some. With the T&T you also have 6 inches more graphite so it just may be heavier. Also if you go with the meiser 8/9 it will definitely be heavier than the 1107.

-sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts