Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
17,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, don't see too many of these come around, but need to keep clearing out some stuff to make room for Celeste's new gear.

This is a Marryat MR7 trout reel and extra spool in the bronze colour. It comes with a neoprene wrap around case for the river and a black suede fleece lined case for storage. The reel is a whopping 3.2oz and is 2-3/4" in diameter. It is machined T6061 aluminum with oil impregnated Teflon pads. Light click in and smooth roller bearing silent drag out. Currently set up for left hand wind, but can be switched over to right hand. I don't remember how to do the switch over though. But also know that it can be switched to click in and click out or click out and silent in. Just need to remove the roller bearing cover and swap around springs and pins. The reel is near mint, with a tiny bit of rim wear on the bottom frame. This reel fits all modern day reel seats even though it is 30 years old and yes, I am the original owner of this reel.
It has landed many brook trout and brown trout for me and needs to be brought back to the river !! It's been in storage now since my oldest daughter was born ... almost 21 years !!
This would make an excellent partner for an ultra light trout single hander !!

$135 US Price includes insured shipping within Canada and the ConUS - SOLD !!!
PayPal only and Canadian friends can do EMT
As always, I will also add a few in hand fishing flies as well :)

Mike

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts