Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip in Oct. to the Margaree N.S. Canada, anyone have any info on the river, where to stay, what flies, etc.
Thanks
Rick

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Contact the Boudreau's at Farside Flyshop in Halifax, Mike and Bob are the guys you want to talk to. Sounds great, I've been meaning to get up there myself - maybe I'll see you up there; October works for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rick,
I would contact Robert Chaisson, arguably the best guide on Cape Breton. He is just an all around great guy to spend a day with on the Margaree or any other nearby river that may be producing fish during the time you are there.
He can be reached at:
Robert Chaisson
P.O. Box 117
Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
CANADA B0E 1H0

call: 902-224-3232, or 902-224-1199

Here is a web page with more of the information you are looking for:
http://www.uky.edu/~agrdanny/flyfish/macleod.htm

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rick:
I've been going to the Margaree for the past 6-7 years. What the others have said is true. Robert Chiasson is very popular and knowledgable. If you're going by yourself it would probably be prudent to have a guide for a couple of days. If you meet friends up there they can probably show you around. Why don't you contact Paul Marriner? He lives on our South shore and he'll be up on the Margaree in the fall as well?
If you still needmore information I'd be happy to help (but I think Paul is better qualified).
Cheers,
Tom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts