Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a very quick turnaround to the Margaree River. Although I live relatively close by, I have spent the past 25 years not getting up there regularly for a bunch of reasons... Work abroad, marriage and family, it happens to us all...so this was a bit of return to my youth.
Both children are now away to University, and maybe I am suffering the empty nest + middle age crisis. Regardless the reason, the lone trip was welcome and therapeutic. Making that turn at the forks was like going back in time, and returning to the river improved my general outlook.
At conclusion, I chatted with 3 anglers who travelled from California and Oregon to fish the river. I was moved by how strong the pull is to bring anglers from great distance to fish the Margaree!
I missed the water window, but the point of the trip was to reconnect with myself and say goodbye to a friend. That was accomplished along with the promise to myself to return as often as I can.

·
Registered
Vision Beulah Snowbee Stonofo Root River Veniard Hareline
4,418 Posts
I refer to it as Magical Margaree, I have set the steps for me to eternally rest there one day, in the meantime I have 6 days booked starting Oct 6th, hoping the aftermath of Fiona does not do too much craziness. We in Atlantic Canada are very fortunate

·
Registered
Beulah Vision Sage
129 Posts
After moving to NS in January of this year, i never really felt any sense of community until I was out in margaree. Whether it was my wife’s family ties to the area or the history and innate camaraderie of salmon angling it finally started feeling like home. A day trip up from the city leaving at 3/3:30 in the morning became second nature and almost force of habit. It is definitly a very special place.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
So I should plan to be on the Margaree Oct 13 then? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love that river, the valley, the people and the salmon.

Mike
If you want to be fishing over a bunch of previously hooked fish LMAO

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Thoughts for the Islanders as the storm approaches. Dealing with hurricanes is a pain in the backside!

Same here guys don't let Salmonitis make bad decisions be safe out there

·
Registered
RB Meiser, Sage, Vision, Speyco, JW Young
636 Posts
It sure doesn't look like its going to be a nice weekend here on the Island. Heading right for us in Sydney area.
I guess all we can do is wake up Sunday and access the damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts