Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long dark winter. Between water conditions, which are always tough this time of year, and work, I haven't been able to fish like I'd like. I've gone out a few times even when everything was froze up and fished just for casting therapy.

That's starting to change. There is a promise of spring is in the air some days now and looking at my calendar, I see March is only a couple weeks away. Consistent fishing always comes here sometime around mid March and I can't wait.

Okay... Not much substance to this post I admit... Really just an excuse to see if my pic works! ;)

Pescaphile

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay how 'bout April then?

March! Bah! Nothing but ice and clear skies! Perhaps a dribble or two in the stream and thats been about it. What sort of optimist could have had such hopes for steelhead in March?

Today was the first trip with any real hope.... the begining of steelhead season. The ice had broke free a couple of days ago and the full moon shone with promise of big tides to bring those fish that had been staging in the estuary to come home to the stream.

But if the ice was gone from the stream it seemed to find a home in my boots. Thirty-three (33!) degree water makes for some slow fish -and slow feet too! It's hard to believe it is April for all prectical purposes.

Ah but a big storm or two to warm the river can change things so soon. A hard pull on the swing and all hardship forgotten. April yea that's the time. And then there's May... Now May

An optimist eternal
pescaphile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.