Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Nice....

Great stuff there Peter! Thanks for posting.

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Solid teaching, but the name of the fly is very misleading. It is not a spey fly and to call a standard marabou fly a spey is incorrect. Going back to the “everything spey”. It’s not a big deal, but instructors or anyone posting information should try to be as accurate as possible. Mislabeling a fly, especially one geared towards the beginner perpetuates the inaccuracy to the point it becomes common knowledge. The Hobo Spey is a good example. Marabous have their own fly classification, and as for marabous tied for steelhead, they have a long history. As I said, not a big deal, just hate to see things get diluted.

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Solid teaching, but the name of the fly is very misleading. It is not a spey fly and to call a standard marabou fly a spey is incorrect. Going back to the “everything spey”. It’s not a big deal, but instructors or anyone posting information should try to be as accurate as possible. Mislabeling a fly, especially one geared towards the beginner perpetuates the inaccuracy to the point it becomes common knowledge. The Hobo Spey is a good example. Marabous have their own fly classification, and as for marabous tied for steelhead, they have a long history. As I said, not a big deal, just hate to see things get diluted.

I go with whatever name the guest tier wants to use, but I understand your point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts