Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very excited to have up for auction a week of fishing and spey instuction on some of the Gaspe area's finest rivers with our sponsor Malbaie River Outfitters.

The winner has a choice between the following schools to attend:

The beginner program is June 1-6. The beginner has 2 days of instruction and then 4 days of guided fishing. Our favorite SpeyBro Simon Gawesworth is the instructor! Atlantic salmon fishing and hanging out with Simon, sweet!

http://www.malbaieriveroutfitters.com/spey.php?as=0

The refresher course is June 7-12. It is 1 day instruction and 5 days of fishing. Jim Rusher is teaching the refresher school.

http://www.malbaieriveroutfitters.com/spey.php?as=1

Fishing will be during the early June run where the rivers levels are in prime shape for spey casting and the fish you catch could be quite large.

Simply an awesome trip and thank you Bill Greiner for making this available to our members. Great instruction and great fishing await the winning bidder!

The price includes meals and lodging. You will be responsible for travel arrangements and guide tips.

This is a $4000+ trip and some lucky member will be getting a trip of a lifetime. Bidding starts at $1250 :Eyecrazy:

http://www.speypages.com/cgi-bin/auction//item.pl?item=73

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
These are terrific auction items! Malbaie's lodge, food, guides and management are excellent and the Gaspe peninsula rivers are more than beautiful. The waters are transparent, the fish large and bright.

Simon G and Jim R are outstanding instructors--I have learned much from both.

Bid away lads. The winner will be a happy fisherman. Please leave a couple of salmon for me. I arrive June 12 for a week in that piece of heaven.

·
Registered
103 Posts
BOB:

Thanks for the great plug; see you in a week in Plesanton. It should be a great show.

SEAN AND DANA:

I am more than happy to offer this trip up for auction. I have enjoyed being a sponsor over the past couple of years and am more than willing to help this site in any way I can.

IMHO this is an awesome site with a lot of good and informative discussions taking place here on a regular basis. You guys have done a great job keeping a user-friendly atmospehere without the nonesense and poltics which exist elsewhere. That is probably why you have so many loyal and avid members.

Keep up the great work; it is appreciated by more folks than you probably realize.

Bill Greiner

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Thanks Bill!

Both for the kind words AND the support!

Speyfolks,

I spent a week at Malbaie last summer and it was an excellent experience--first class all the way AND my first ever Atlantic salmon! I would love to fish with them in June--what an opportunity with fresh, bright salmon in Spey water, and first-rate casting instruction as well! Don't pass on this one!

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little over 2 days left...

6 days of fishing and meals.
Instruction by top spey casters.
Huge Atlantic Salmon.

-sean

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Missed out ...

... but I'm fishing elsewhere at these early June days, unfortunately.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts