Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't get away from this pattern (or variations of it). This one's tied on an AJ 3/0 with a UV tag and UV purple band in the head.

I don't like how long the head looks when I bend the hackle stems under the hook shank through the eye, but I like the strength it gives the wing. The wing is two blue hackle tips between two black ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Killer pattern, Scott!
the wing set is awesome along with everything else!
I wouldn't worry about the head too much - looks fine. not as neat as it could be, maybe. you could always skip bending the stems to the bottom and put a dab of crazy glue on! :saeek:

·
Ded Heron
150 Posts
Love your butt....wink, wink. Gonna hang one of those big chrome bastards on the T with that? It won't fail!

Dustin

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

Dustin, I sure hope to get up there this year. Seems every spare hour is spent with the kids or working on the house. There's gotta be a few days in there somewhere though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Scott.

Brother THAT is a killer bug! Soooo fishy... I saw your tie and just got stoked on the colors and proportions. Sat right down at the vise and tied this as close to yours as I could muster, i wish I would have gone sparser in the throat like you have.... But you know what they say about hindsight .... If the stars align I will swim her in the copper river tomorrow evening.
Thanks heaps for the inspiration, such a fishy fly man! Hang on tight!

Cheers and tight lines
J.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks James!

Love the fly you came up with, and humbled to have inspired it. Hope she does well for ya, I'm sure she will

Scott.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Scott, awesome tie man. You deserve to let some of your flies swim, let wifey know you are doing those flies a disservice and need to go swing them. I know its tough, been trying to take advantage of the weather and finish the outside work. Havnt been on the water in over a month:'(

Ps, what is the throat hackle? Some large dot guinea or such?
Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

·
Ded Heron
150 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Dustin, I sure hope to get up there this year. Seems every spare hour is spent with the kids or working on the house. There's gotta be a few days in there somewhere though.
Boy, hear you on that one.......remember though, life's too short not to go fishing.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ed.

Yeah, it's large Guinea. A friend gave me a small patch of some of the largest Guinea I have ever seen. Amazing stuff

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
Wonderful work Scott :smokin:
I'm with you when it comes to folding the stems through the eye and under the shank , makes for an elongated head ... if anything , know that wing will stay put and survive many steelhead .
It's a great looking fly with killer colours ... it will hunt very well for you , no doubt about that !!

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts