Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any up to date river reports for the lower Klamath. I've heard some positive news. Just curious. Thanks for any information.

Tight Lines

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Its a tad early. I’d call or email confluence outfitters, or The Fly Shop. In particular geno Bernero and some of the other guides from confluence guide there this time of the year, as well as holding some “spey camps” on the lower Klamath at the end of August. I’m planning on going mid September for 4 or 5 days. In January there was a good crop of half pounders, but anyone’s guess if this is a sign of a trend or just an outlier.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
had some friends at klamath glen last weekend that did really well with a lot of 1/2#'s and some nice adult steelhead in the mix, they were throwing gear, while myself and another buddy fished the trinity, swinging flies, but was smolt city, flows were great at 800cfs, but fish weren't there yet, cameron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fished Blake's riffle yesterday, very slow day with only 1 grab. Flows were great. The guys throwing gear wear hitting in the afternoon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone interested in fishing Sat or Sun morning up around Blake's riffle. Thinking about fishing this weekend.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
ive gotten some great first hand reports in the last few days of GOOD things happening both on the salmon and the steel front. lots of quality 1/2#s and some really nice dime brite adult steelhead. the adult salmon(which is closed to retention) are plentiful and the jacks are stacked up in the usual places, a friend had a client on 12 adults and plenty of jacks to make for an easy limit(2 fish less than 22"). heading up to the trinity on the 30th, hopefully this bodes well, cameron

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was in the Weitchpec area last week and fished both the
Klamath and Trinity. Good half pounder action on the Klamath and we found some great half pounder fishing in the lower Trinity just upstream from the Klamath. Locals said a bunch of fish were on the move from Johnsons, this was last week.

Although I was targeting adult fish, all I got was half pounders on the Klamath. Finally got a bright adult steelhead on the way home, on the Trinity. Ate my muddler at 12:30 pm, just as I was thinking about lunch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Cameron and Luckydog. I am looking at the weekend of 9/29 and I'm back and forth on the Trinity or the Klamath. I want to get the drift boat wet so leaning more to the Trinity as I know I can get shuttled there. That and its about 2 hours closer... are there any reliable shuttle services on the K around or below Orleans?

Cheers,

Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts