Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I only have 2 hands
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low is your local water? Yikes :|
Shakin that stick for cold nights and wet thunder storms.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Luckily a lot of my local water is spring fed, so flows are only down a little. I drove over the pass this weekend, though, and I saw a lot of rocks I haven't seen till September most years. Flows are 50% of normal or less in many watersheds. We've even had a couple small fires already. It's going to be a rough summer for both people and fish.

·
Undertaker
1,357 Posts
... and next year

Spring here in the Willamette valley has been warm and dry. Not only does this affect this year's fishing, it could clobber next year's as the infectivity and virulence of diseases like Ceratomyxa shasta that kill smolts increase with increasing temps. Let's hope it snows like mad next year.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I just looked and the Sky is at 671cfs, should be over 4000 and median is 6000. Bad very bad

·
Registered
106 Posts
Most everywhere I fish is tailwater - with either irrigation or power demands. So far, there has been steady demand on both counts. It'll reach a point, though, that the bubble will burst and we'll be in trouble. I suspect it'll be early August.

G

·
Just so it's not all gloom and doom, the USGS site for Wisconsin shows not a single reporting station in either red or orange. We've got good water levels everywhere right now and have had quite a bit of rain the last couple of weeks.

·
I only have 2 hands
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is some good fishin in WS too.......thanks JR. Love the good news always!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yup, really hoping for a cooler, wetter summer.
If it gets hot and dry in July and stays that way through September it's going to be rough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts